web cams

Surf will load images very slowly.  Very. Slowly.  Surf is meant for text mainly.

You'll do a lot better with Surf and Stream.  My last pet resort had streaming cams that updated a couple times per second.  Not exactly live video but live enough that it worked okay with Surf and stream.  

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

Surf will load images very slowly.  Very. Slowly.  Surf is meant for text mainly.

You'll do a lot better with Surf and Stream.  My last pet resort had streaming cams that updated a couple times per second.  Not exactly live video but live enough that it worked okay with Surf and stream.  

But unless you're going to stare at your pet the entire cruise, I don't think an occasional check-in would necessitate the extra cost just for that reason

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

But unless you're going to stare at your pet the entire cruise, I don't think an occasional check-in would necessitate the extra cost just for that reason

That depends.  With Surf it can't load the image before the pet cam updates to the next image.  It never catches up.  

If the pet service updates the image every 15 minutes then you MIGHT get an image using Surf.  If the pet cam updates with any frequency or is a near live streaming cam then Surf won't work at all.  

Camp Bow Wow has live streaming cams.  Here is an example in CA.

https://www.campbowwow.com/anaheim/live-web-cams/

That won't work at all with Surf.  

The pet resorts I've used had live streaming cams, not static images updated infrequently.