MCO Transportation Help???

Hello everyone,

I need some help here.  Last time I was porting out of Orlando, I took a Lyft to my hotel, then a Lyft from the port back to MCO, and felt I needed a loan afterwards to pay for that.  Does anyone know of a shuttle service that they would recommend that runs after 530pm to get to my hotel??  I got the one from the port to the airport and I'm good there.  I'm just running into some issues on a later in the evening shuttle.

I'm looking in to goport.com. they offer packages that would take you to hotel from airport, to port next day, and to airport at end of cruise for one price. I saw a recommendation from a blogger who happens to also be some sort of TA. havent booked it yet but maybe worth a look ... Good luck!

I'm not sure where your hotel is so this may be completely irrelevant information and if so I apologize. But for a few comparable items, I just went through the same thing. We're staying at a hotel in Cocoa Beach and needed transportation from MCO to the hotel, then after the cruise from Port Canaveral back to MCO. From hotel to Port on the morning of the cruise we're good.

GoPort.com offered us (2 adults / 2 children) from MCO to Port Canaveral at $120. That was MCO to Port only, however, they wouldn't do anything MCO to a hotel. 

Cortans was $30 per person each way, so $120, same as GoPort.

Cocoa Beach Shuttle offered us MCO to our hotel for $85 flat fee, and then from Port to MCO at the end of the cruise for $89. 

We found Cocoa Beach Shuttle to be the cheapest and easiest. They will send a van right to MCO and we may share a ride we may not, but we know we're going to get there and they offered services well past 5:30 (really late did have an upcharge to be transparent). 

We tried to find estimates with Uber/Lyft but that can be unreliable given surge/time/etc. but found that they wouldn't necessarily beat $85 in most cases, or so we thought. 

Hope that helps!

8 hours ago, nhilding10 said:

We tried to find estimates with Uber/Lyft but that can be unreliable given surge/time/etc. but found that they wouldn't necessarily beat $85 in most cases, or so we thought. 

Surge pricing is running well over $200 from the port to MCO post cruise during the heaviest debarkation period, so the shuttles could be the better idea if you don't have the luxury of time to wait it out.

2 hours ago, Chewie said:

What is the typical cost of Uber/Lyft from MCO to Port Canaveral?  It will be around 10 a.m. on a Friday, so I wouldn't expect a large surge/time increase.

You wouldn't expect it but lots of reason surge pricing can happen. Starting price will be around $68-71 for 2-3 people. It was $95 for Lyft XL when we had 5 people last Oct, Sun morning and nothing happening but people leaving for cruises. I paid $77 as a single person in Jan 2022, on a Monday morning. This is all pre-tip amount.