So what will happen with Covid vaccination/testing on 08/15/2022?

Paid4c4

RCCL issued major changes in testing for passengers sailing from the U.S. August 8 - August 14th, 2022.  So what will the changes be for August 15th, 2022?  Could RCCL end testing for passengers who have been vaccinated and boosted.  We're sailing on August 18th on AdOS out of Cape Liberty so we're keeping a close eye on any changes.  I already have our Covid kits from Emed so we'll be ready no matter what the changes.

Bill

It would be very welcome if the next move was no testing for the Vax/up to date on 7 nights or under. Would be a small increment over what is for the 8th-14th Aug but would open up another substantial portion of their itineraries.

Well that’s what I’m hoping for as I’m on wonder on the 28th Aug but as that’s out of Europe would take a change in protocols here also and as of yet changes only appear to impact U.S. departures, come on Royal.

We sail on August 14th and it would have been welcome to not test the now three days before but understand the small steps necessary to return to normal. Hopefully the testing will be dropped for our next 7 day cruise in October but suspect it will not happen until the end of the year. Still need the Vax card submission for some of the ports of call so that will  not go away in the near future but opening it up for unVax passengers will go a long way.

I keep thinking about this and I tend to agree that it will only formalize the testing that they've already announced. I can't imagine they'd only keep the new protocols in place for a week. It seems like they'd want to have weeks, if not more, of getting everyone used to the new protocols. I'm sure they already have all the data they need as far as who tests positive at the port, the number of positive tests for each length of cruise, etc.  I don't think any of this is actually about seeing what happens (does that make sense?) but rather it's about weaning off the testing and vaccine requirements slowly. Surely all the data they need about efficacy can be extrapolated from the passengers who have cruised since the original protocols were put in to place.

For Adventure in Bayonne sailing to Bermuda nothing will change due to Bermuda requiring vaccines and 2 days antigen testing. 

That is written into their cruise rules so Royal can't change anything until Bermuda does.  The CDC easing of protocols for your cruise is moot.  

Same with any Bayonne cruises to Canada.  

image.thumb.jpeg.73d7abce20b3f291b58e2fe73a95e263.jpeg