Antiguia or St Lucia

• Matt changed the title to Antiguia or St Lucia

Easy call St Lucia. Antigua is by far my least favorite port. Last time we were there the police were beating locals on  the docks with sticks to drive them back. Was on Princess not RCI and pre Covid. But not a good first impression. Have not been back and really do not care to go back

Interesting to read the opinions and it is all so subjective!!

We got married 👩‍❤️‍👨 💒 in St Lucia 🇱🇨 (Pigeon Point) around 28 years ago and managed to get back there on a cruise a few years ago. On the same cruise we stopped at Antigua 🇦🇬 too for the 1st time.

If I was going for a longer holiday/vacation I would personally choose Antigua as I felt was safer and cleaner with a greater choice of stunning beaches.

St Lucia has the Pitons amongst the attractions so if that is on your list then may be a factor.

But it is all so down to what you want from the trip so do lots of research, watch videos and read reviews - and if it still a very close call maybe look at the costs!!

Enjoy whatever one you choose!

PS If Barbados was not being considered would also suggest looking at that 🇧🇧 😎

• 5 months later...

About a month ago, I put together an article for my travel site about the best time of year to go to St. Lucia.  The focus of it was on seasons, high/low season pricing, weather, etc., but it does also have some sections on what the best things are to see and do there.

Hopefully that's helpful to some folks here:

https://www.visualitineraries.com/articles/Best-Time-of-Year-to-Visit-St-Lucia.asp