xSAILEDx Harmony of the Seas - Dec 31, 2022 - Jan 7, 2023 (7 Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day)

Hello!   If I’ve missed a started roll call! Please let me know—I didn’t see one.  I’m Jane, longtime blog follower, traveling with my husband Jeff only this time!  No grown up kids even!   I’m looking forward to my first holiday cruise and can’t wait to sail Harmony for the first time.  I have been on one other oasis class ship (allure) and am looking forward to wonderland and all the spots to just relax with a drink.  We have been to Cozumel! Nassau and costa maya before and might not even get off the ship.  However, I’ve never gotten to Cococay (was canceled tender stop once), so I’m looking forward to getting there early and seeing the free pool and beach spots.  Where is everyone planning to be for New Years?  Is the promenade the spot or is it insanely packed?  Oh…another good question for the discussion board!    Jane

Hi Jane!! Thanks for taking the time and thought to get a board started. I’ll be traveling with my wife and 2 teenage sons on our first family cruise. Never been to any of these ports, which should add to the fun. We were supposed to be on the Mariner 7/17, but COVID struck that down so this is our rescheduled cruise. Looking forward to spending New Years on the ship with everyone! As this is my first RC I have no idea where all the festivities will be yet, but count me in!

On 8/8/2022 at 9:52 AM, Ryan79 said:

Hi Jane!! Thanks for taking the time and thought to get a board started. I’ll be traveling with my wife and 2 teenage sons on our first family cruise. Never been to any of these ports, which should add to the fun. We were supposed to be on the Mariner 7/17, but COVID struck that down so this is our rescheduled cruise. Looking forward to spending New Years on the ship with everyone! As this is my first RC I have no idea where all the festivities will be yet, but count me in!

I am very excited!  I think you will find a ton to do on this ship.  I have been on one Oasis class ship before (allure) and we were never bored!  My teen loved having so many people to meet in the teen center.  I haven't been on a cruise since before covid and I'm beyond excited!  Jane

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 10:08 PM, Colon said:

After cancelled my July 23 cruise on Explorer due to Covid, finally I booked Again in this sailing. Hope that testing requirement be eliminated. Does Anyone ihave read in the app the pre covid test requirement?

As of today, if you are vaccinated, you don’t have to test for this cruise!!  Jane

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Harmony of the Seas - Dec 31, 2022 - Jan 7, 2023 (7 Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day)
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 9:21 AM, Ryan79 said:

It’s check in day!!!!!

Were you able to get a good time?  We got 11 am.  I'm still not 100 percent sure if that is they let you into the terminal at 11 or if you get in earlier and board the ship at 11.  I'm less worried now with having already booked all our entertainment, but I just love being on the ship right away!  

Still debating on whether to drop the 3 night pkg or keep it and try and shift our individual reservations to it.  I am a planner and I don't want to change any times or restaurants to save $75 on a $2400 cruise.  Jane

On 11/21/2022 at 9:17 AM, Ryan79 said:

I was also able to get the 11am slot. I believe the 11am is the time you are let into the terminal for check in.
Im a control freak planner and just do individual reservations. Not having the days, times and venues all set prior to sailing would make me a nervous wreck!! 😂

This is where i think i'm at.  And with being able to book entertainment, i've got that all lined up to match the dining.  So it will kill me, but i'm thinking about just dropping the 3 night pkg.  But then i start thinking about just adding 3 more random dining options lol.  So who knows!

What are you doing on Coco cay?  We got the beach club at an amazing price (103 per person), but I'm just not sure it is worth the moneyl  I hear the lunch and steak are amazing, but we've also never been to coco cay, and the main pool looks so fun.  But i'm very torn!  Jane

I originally had a beach bed booked for Chill Island, but then couldn’t pass up the beach club at the Black Friday price. I’ve never been to coco cay either, so figured I might as well spoil myself because who knows if or when I’ll get to go back. Maybe after seeing all there is to do, I’ll pass on the beach club next time….but that’s a next time’s issue! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2022 at 1:08 AM, Ryan79 said:

I originally had a beach bed booked for Chill Island, but then couldn’t pass up the beach club at the Black Friday price. I’ve never been to coco cay either, so figured I might as well spoil myself because who knows if or when I’ll get to go back. Maybe after seeing all there is to do, I’ll pass on the beach club next time….but that’s a next time’s issue! 

We are doing to keep the beach club reservation too! Went back and forth but the videos look so nice!  Jane

• 3 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Harmony of the Seas - Dec 31, 2022 - Jan 7, 2023 (7 Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day)