Just another Covid Testing Question

RogerC1

For those of you that have purchased the Binax Ag tests through Royal Caribbean and used the QR code to do the proctored test online, what are your thoughts?

Was it an easy experience? Is the cost of the video visit included with the purchase of the test or is that an additional charge? Also is it cheaper than going to CVS or Walgreens? I know if you say you have symptoms at those places the test is free, but otherwise you pay. 

I am open to hearing all of your experiences with this particular method offered by RC. Thank you!

We used the Binax ag tests (through eMed and not RC) because our flight to Spain was at 7 in the am on Friday with our cruise being on Sunday and we wanted to test prior to flying out of town.  It was very easy and the nice thing is that we were able to run all the tests in parallel on our phones with the exception of my son who is a minor and couldn’t have his own account.

The cost of the online proctor is included and Aetna reimbursed $12 per test so it was pretty cheap all in at $13 per test plus shipping after the partial reimbursement.

Hope this helps.

9 minutes ago, TXCruiser said:

We used the Binax ag tests (through eMed and not RC) because our flight to Spain was at 7 in the am on Friday with our cruise being on Sunday and we wanted to test prior to flying out of town.  It was very easy and the nice thing is that we were able to run all the tests in parallel on our phones with the exception of my son who is a minor and couldn’t have his own account.

The cost of the online proctor is included and Aetna reimbursed $12 per test so it was pretty cheap all in at $13 per test plus shipping after the partial reimbursement.

Hope this helps.

Oh nice! Where did you buy the ag tests?

13 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Emed sells the tests directly. They're the same tests you can get through the RC link through Optum.  If you purchase the tests through either it includes the proctoring session in the price of the test. Super easy and convenient to do.

Awesome! And emed is acceptable with Royal Caribbean?

9 minutes ago, RogerC1 said:

Awesome! And emed is acceptable with Royal Caribbean?

When you use the tests purchased through the RC link you go through eMed for the testing anyways. Same tests but eMed sells different number of tests in a pack. Make sure you're purchasing the one that includes the proctoring session.