How do you book show reservations on the app?

Sydnie

As stated in the title, could someone please tell me how to book show reservations on the app? I am a major planner and want to be prepared. We are traveling with a large group and I am pretty much leading everyone (with many first time cruisers) with all the bits of information, making daily schedules, etc. I've looked up videos on how everything else works and have found everything I have needed thus far, but I am struggling to find this bit of information. Specifically I want to be sure that I am actually making a reservation for the shows and not just "adding to calendar", since I saw mentioned that there is a difference in those. If it makes any difference, we will be on Allure in September, so I am looking to book Mamma Mia, Aqua and Ice Shows (and trying to get the same show time slot for all of the rooms on our sailing).

Sorry for the silly questions! Last time I cruised about 4+ years ago (then we had to wait for my youngest to be old enough to enjoy a cruise!), the app really did not work and it was miserable, so I am really excited to hear it's been greatly improved since then. 

Thanks so much in advance for the help and tips! Appreciate you all.

Shows are booked through the app once you have boarded and connect to the ship's wifi.  Once you are on the wifi you will see a reserve now button and you'll be able to make the show reservations. Make sure you have all your reservations linked so you will see all parties on the app, or make sure one person on each reservation uses the app to reserve for everyone on that reservation.

You will know you have done it right because it will ask you to select the people you are reserving for. The add to calendar items won't prompt you to select individuals.

5 hours ago, Sydnie said:

As stated in the title, could someone please tell me how to book show reservations on the app? I am a major planner and want to be prepared. We are traveling with a large group and I am pretty much leading everyone (with many first time cruisers) with all the bits of information, making daily schedules, etc. I've looked up videos on how everything else works and have found everything I have needed thus far, but I am struggling to find this bit of information. Specifically I want to be sure that I am actually making a reservation for the shows and not just "adding to calendar", since I saw mentioned that there is a difference in those. If it makes any difference, we will be on Allure in September, so I am looking to book Mamma Mia, Aqua and Ice Shows (and trying to get the same show time slot for all of the rooms on our sailing).

Sorry for the silly questions! Last time I cruised about 4+ years ago (then we had to wait for my youngest to be old enough to enjoy a cruise!), the app really did not work and it was miserable, so I am really excited to hear it's been greatly improved since then. 

Thanks so much in advance for the help and tips! Appreciate you all.

We were able to book shows the second we got on the ship. It's super easy to look through what's available and choose what day/time you want to attend the show. I would definitely recommend doing it once you're on. Just basically take a seat in the Promenade or whatever your ship has and do it since shows will fill up very quickly.

I have a follow-up on this.

Is there a procedure for connecting to the ship's network?  I assume the SSID will be something obvious, is there a password needed? 

We've ordered Voom as well, do I expect those credentials prior to sailing or to be in the room?

Bill

3 hours ago, Xaa said:

I have a follow-up on this.

Is there a procedure for connecting to the ship's network?  I assume the SSID will be something obvious, is there a password needed? 

We've ordered Voom as well, do I expect those credentials prior to sailing or to be in the room?

Bill

You connect to the SSID, yeah, it'll be obvious. When you try to go to a web page, a login page will come up, but I believe you can ignore that if you're using the free wi-fi. At that point, just go into the Royal app and you should be able to do things within the app.

4 hours ago, Xaa said:

You will connect to the wifi network. The name will be obvious (WiFi-Guest-Mariner for example). If a browser window to sign in doesn't open automatically just open your browser and it should redirect to the page. There you choose whether you want to access paid VOOM or use the app for free. I know when I'm just trying to access the app when I first board it sometimes won't recognize I'm on the wifi so I have to switch my phone to airplane mode to force it to use the wifi.

To sign into VOOM you'll enter in your name, cabin number and birthdate and it will let you create your login/PIN for your account.

15 hours ago, Sydnie said:

Thanks so much for the helpful replies. Looking forward to our trip. We got an early check-in time (I think) at 11am, so the plan was to head right up to the windjammer and setup the reservations while people are starting to grab food.

Yep, 11 is I think generally the earliest you can get unless you have the Key. That's the time we had for our last one. We breezed right on through check-in.