ArriveCAN form required?

On 8/6/2022 at 5:35 PM, smokeybandit said:

What do they do if you don't do an ArriveCAN before boarding? It's not like they check at check-in, or at least they didn't for me.

Do you get called to guest services to fill one out?

I was on Ovation round trip from Seattle with a stop required at Victoria.  We didn't need to show the ArriveCAN QR code receipt to board but our cabin attendant left a form for us that asked for the ArriveCAN receipt ID number.  If you don't turn one in, RC will know.

49 minutes ago, Toby said:

I was on Ovation round trip from Seattle with a stop required at Victoria.  We didn't need to show the ArriveCAN QR code receipt to board but our cabin attendant left a form for us that asked for the ArriveCAN receipt ID number.  If you don't turn one in, RC will know.

On Serenade from Vancouver, there wasn't a single mention of ArriveCan the entire trip

38 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

On Serenade from Vancouver, there wasn't a single mention of ArriveCan the entire trip

It may vary ship to ship but I would find it hard to believe Canada is lax about that data.  Our cabin attendant was adamant we needed to provide the receipt ID number ASAP.  I would assume he was reciting his marching orders.

My in laws came over to Maine to shop today.  Not only did they have to do ArriveCan to be in the States for a couple hours, they can’t bring fresh chicken back across now. 

…..and it appears ArriveCan may be here to stay.  A quick web search will bring up news stories talking about it. 

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I never scanned my passport to get off the ship. 

You may not have but Royal submitted your passport number to Canada like they do at every port on every cruise.  The entire passenger manifest is sent to every foreign country visited on a cruise all over the world.  Canada had your passport number long before the ship pulled into the harbor.  

4 hours ago, teddy said:

My in laws came over to Maine to shop today.  Not only did they have to do ArriveCan to be in the States for a couple hours, they can’t bring fresh chicken back across now. 

…..and it appears ArriveCan may be here to stay.  A quick web search will bring up news stories talking about it. 

That's sad and it will only hurt Canada unfortunately. 

14 hours ago, teddy said:

Yep I can hit a golf ball across the Niagara River into Buffalo, but if I want to go over for some wings and beef on weck I have to fill out that form. Funny part is I can fill it out a couple of days before I go over (which kind of defeats the original purpose of it). There is a marathon in Detroit where part of it crosses over into Windsor for like 5 minutes and they expect the runners to fill it out. It'll be here until there is a change up top