Royal cancelled our reservation

Phop

We are scheduled to sail on Ovation of the Seas on 9/2/22.  Our reservation is linked with another couple, booked through Costco. Thursday, we got an email from RC canceling our drink package so went into our app to find our reservation wasn't there but the other couples was.  Called Costco to check in and after 2+ hours on the phone, we have a room on Ovation for the 9/2 sailing but we couldn't get the same room back and Royal offered no compensation for the inconvenience.  We were able to repurchase the drink package at the same price so we went ahead and rebooked that.  On Friday, the exact same thing happened.  Spent another two hours with Costco to get our reservation reinstated.  We were told that we were on some "list" that canceled the reservation.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Any advice to try and get our original room back?  We are now four floors away from the other party and disappointed at the inconvenience this will cause when we are on the boat.      

I have heard of this happening here and there due to some internal accounting errors.

Costco is acting as your travel agent, so unfortunately they are your advocates here. You should be working with them to try and stay on top of moving back to your original room and rectifying the situation that caused the cancellation,  especially if it's happened twice now. 

Being on different floors isn't as inconvenient as you may perceive. Typically you are going to be hanging out together in the public areas of the ship. There are phones in the room so you can easily call them from your cabin.

Sorry this has happened to you. Dealing with Royal can be exhausting sometimes.

Thank you for the response.  We didn't think about having a phone in the room to call so appreciate that information.  Costco has been helpful to get all the promotions back and get the items in the cruise planner back for the price we originally paid.  But they haven't had any luck getting our original room back.  We didn't think it was too much to ask to have them put the new reservation in the new room and give us the room we booked over a year ago.  

1 hour ago, Phop said:

But they haven't had any luck getting our original room back.  We didn't think it was too much to ask to have them put the new reservation in the new room and give us the room we booked over a year ago.  

I hope you can get your original, preferred stateroom back, but, unfortunately, it may be that your original room has been re-assigned to another party, either by a new booking or by an existing reservation receiving an accepted "Royal Up" bid.

BTW, Welcome to the message boards. 

Thank you for the welcome.  Been reading the boards for a while, but didn't have anything to post until now.  I didn't know Costco didn't participate in the Royal Up program.  That's good to know for the future.  Supposedly there are no rooms left for this cruise.  This itinerary doesn't show up if you try and make a new reservation.  I am thankful that at least we have a room because very possible there wouldn't have been any rooms left.  Well, except in the quarantine section but we are hoping to avoid those.

To anyone who knows!

Re: Royal Cancelled my Reservation - my Brilliance of the Seas April 10-15 was recently cancelled. Will they email and offer me a replacement ship or date? The only indication I have received so far was them cancelling all my MTD reservations. Sad to lose my 1100 JS mega balcony!! 

1 hour ago, DDaley said:

To anyone who knows!

Re: Royal Cancelled my Reservation - my Brilliance of the Seas April 10-15 was recently cancelled. Will they email and offer me a replacement ship or date? The only indication I have received so far was them cancelling all my MTD reservations. Sad to lose my 1100 JS mega balcony!! 

I'm not sure there are replacement cruises for your sailing. If I'm not mistaken, Brilliance is going to be replaced with Enchantment out of Tampa but not until November.  I don't know that there is a sailing replacement for your date. You should have received an email with your options.

27 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You should have received an email with your options.

Thanks! I still see them selling Brilliance in March so I was hoping for that instead. I checked my spam folder but still nothing, I will keep my eyes peeled... if I never receive anything can I contact RC directly about my options? 

12 minutes ago, DDaley said:

Thanks! I still see them selling Brilliance in March so I was hoping for that instead. I checked my spam folder but still nothing, I will keep my eyes peeled... if I never receive anything can I contact RC directly about my options? 

If you booked direct call Royal.  If you booked through a travel partner they are your advocate and they will spend the hours on the phone to find out what happened.  

8 minutes ago, DDaley said:

Might as well give it a shot unless you booked through a TA. I would imagine the phone rep would be able to see what your cancellation letter would have had for options, if any. The ones I saw for the Enchantment replacements were told they had to make a decision by August 18 if they didn't want to be automatically moved. But since there isn't a similar replacement on your sailing dates I don't know what they're offering on that one.  I think the 888-281-9344 number is handling the redeployments.

25 minutes ago, twangster said:

If you booked direct call Royal. 

19 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Might as well give it a shot unless you booked through a TA.

Thanks to you both! I called and was able to move to the March 18, 2023 sailing with the same itinerary/ship/embarkation port. Lost my mega aft balcony but got another JS for less $$ than the original sail date. Woo!