Wonder of seas first cruise tomorrow

34 minutes ago, Southsider said:

My stomach is churning first timer 

I have booked my time dining so do I just book in the morning is that easier than queuing etc.    

simeone mentioned book the shows then dine round about them 

help lol 

I would at least make a reservation for the 1st night - MTD is always crazy on night 1.  

I prefer to have the same waiter/assistant for the whole cruise so i usually make a reservation for the same time/table for the week.

15 minutes ago, Southsider said:

Can I do that on app tomorroe ?   Wife wants to do main dining every night lol.    

If you haven’t already booked your MTD reservations, you’re probably out of luck at this point getting anything reserved for earlier than 930pm on a cruise that leaves tomorrow …….. and the non reservation lines are usually ridiculously long unless you get there at least 30 minutes before they open for seating 

19 minutes ago, Southsider said:

Can I do that on app tomorroe ?   Wife wants to do main dining every night lol.    

You can do it through the cruise planner before the cruise.  I'm not sure if you can still do it this close to the cruise.  I would go to the MDR when you get on and see if they can make you reservations.  

Ok I’m totally lost so I have my time dining   Reason   I wanted that is wasn’t wanting stuck with 2 set times.      I am boarding at earliest slot tomorrow so is it just a case of booking rest of week tomorrow.  ???     

so can you book times for my time dining.   ? Thijk will go to guest services or MD on arrival see what can sort.      Not even on ship and boo boo already 🤦

1 hour ago, Southsider said:

Ok I’m totally lost so I have my time dining   Reason   I wanted that is wasn’t wanting stuck with 2 set times.      I am boarding at earliest slot tomorrow so is it just a case of booking rest of week tomorrow.  ???     

so can you book times for my time dining.   ? Thijk will go to guest services or MD on arrival see what can sort.      Not even on ship and boo boo already 🤦

My Time Dining reservations are booked by "purchasing" a reservation each night, even though the purchase is $0.  As mentioned, if you don't book through Cruise Planner a few months in advance, you may be out of luck.  We got stuck with 8PM or so time slots in June and found we liked the fact the MDR wasn't crowded and the food came fast.  I would check now to see which times are available.  The shows are scheduled so that they accommodate early or late dining.

25 minutes ago, Southsider said:

You are not forced to make reservations - you can eat at any time the MTD is open, it will probably be 7pm on Wonder. 

There are 2 lines at MTD - one for people with reservations, one for people without.  The one for reservations is short, and you can expect to be seated relatively quickly upon arrive at the correct time.  The other line is longer and it may take up to a half hour to be seated (sometimes longer on night 1).

I don't like to wait, so I make reservations - but there is nothing forcing you to do that.

Just a word of advice to be careful.  There were 6 of us in our family that went on our Wonder of the Seas cruise from Jul 24-31 and everyone tested positive for COVID on Monday when we returned home except for me (because I had it at the beginning of last month).  Everyone besides me in our group was fairly vigilant about KN95 masking as well with the exception of at meals, in our staterooms and excursions where we were outdoors.

Besides that, the cruise was fun but exhausting but that was more due to us booking excursions that required meeting between 7:15-8:00 am at every port.

Pros: 

Food at the MDR and Windjammer was great and plentiful (the Indian food station at the Windjammer was surprisingly yummy).

All the employees on the ship were incredibly nice and helpful.

The ship did not feel crowded even though it was at capacity.

There were plenty of activities onboard.

Cons:

Headliner entertainment was mediocre at best and people started leaving after the first song or two.

The escape room was not ready.

Our dining reservation at the Chef's Table was canceled because my wife and I were the only two people booked for that time slot.

We didn't get our shareholder OBC because we were told it was not valid for our rate.  This was told to us by someone at guest services who said she had never seen that before.  It would have been nice if the shareholder OBC team had mentioned that ahead of our cruise in an email instead of only making a note in the file that I received after waiting in line at guest services.  Our rate was just a lift and shift from last year's cruise that got canceled and was the market price at the time so I'm not sure what happened.

14 minutes ago, TXCruiser said:

Just a word of advice to be careful.  There were 6 of us in our family that went on our Wonder of the Seas cruise from Jul 24-31 and everyone tested positive for COVID on Monday when we returned home except for me (because I had it at the beginning of last month).  Everyone besides me in our group was fairly vigilant about KN95 masking as well with the exception of at meals, in our staterooms and excursions where we were outdoors.

Besides that, the cruise was fun but exhausting but that was more due to us booking excursions that required meeting between 7:15-8:00 am at every port.

Pros: 

Food at the MDR and Windjammer was great and plentiful (the Indian food station at the Windjammer was surprisingly yummy).

All the employees on the ship were incredibly nice and helpful.

The ship did not feel crowded even though it was at capacity.

There were plenty of activities onboard.

Cons:

Headliner entertainment was mediocre at best and people started leaving after the first song or two.

The escape room was not ready.

Our dining reservation at the Chef's Table was canceled because my wife and I were the only two people booked for that time slot.

We didn't get our shareholder OBC because we were told it was not valid for our rate.  This was told to us by someone at guest services who said she had never seen that before.  It would have been nice if the shareholder OBC team had mentioned that ahead of our cruise in an email instead of only making a note in the file that I received after waiting in line at guest services.  Our rate was just a lift and shift from last year's cruise that got canceled and was the market price at the time so I'm not sure what happened.

Thanks for heads up.   I am triple vaxed and had covid 6 weeks ago will be careful