2 extra eMed proctored tests

Good morning all!  Just got back from a wonderful 7 night cruise on Oasis of the Seas, and being the extra cautious person that I am, I had ordered a few extra eMed COVID tests just in case there were any snags during the pre-cruise testing.  Happy to report that everything went smoothly and the whole process couldn't have been easier.  The real point of this message is that now I have 2 extra tests sitting in my house that I have no use for at all, and I'd hate to see them go to waste.  They have an expiration date of May 2023.  I'm just looking to give them away, but I would ask that you Venmo me the actual shipping cost (I'll send them USPS Priority Mail).  First person to DM me that they're interested can have them!  Full disclosure: I'm leaving for a conference on Monday, so if you let me know by the end of the day today, I can drop in the mail tomorrow before I leave, otherwise they won't go out until I get back Thursday.  I hope someone can put them to use (and save a few bucks in the process!).

@Matt or @AshleyDillo, if this violates the board rules, I understand completely and please feel free to delete, I won't be offended! 😉

If anything falls through!...   Question... How do you order these kits and how long do they get to you?  How flexible are they in terms of appointment availability?  We are flying in 2 days before the cruise because we are so worried about air travel and I feel like we should just set this up in advance so we can test in the 2 day window from our hotel.  Glad you had a great trip!!!   Jane

26 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

If anything falls through!...   Question... How do you order these kits and how long do they get to you?  How flexible are they in terms of appointment availability?  We are flying in 2 days before the cruise because we are so worried about air travel and I feel like we should just set this up in advance so we can test in the 2 day window from our hotel.  Glad you had a great trip!!!   Jane

I don’t think that optum emed requires a set appointment. The one we are using this time (rapid test and trace) does, but they had all possible appointments available.

5 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

How do you order these kits and how long do they get to you?

You order them online and they ship to you within the same week.

5 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

How flexible are they in terms of appointment availability?

No appointments. You go to the website when you're ready to test and it connects you to a proctor. I have never had to wait for an available proctor.

7 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

You order them online and they ship to you within the same week.

No appointments. You go to the website when you're ready to test and it connects you to a proctor. I have never had to wait for an available proctor.

I’m sorry…online where?  This sounds like definitely what we will do!  Jane

44 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

https://www.emed.com/

The Optum link also has the same tests and it's fine to order from. I think the number of tests is the only difference. 

That's correct.  Also, if you download the NAVICA app on your phone, you can access your results from the app any time.  You don't need to, because they email you a .pdf with the results within a few minutes of completion, but it adds an extra layer of access if you so desire.

I'm still trying to figure out how shipping test kits is working out now that are are in full summer mode.   Lots of stories of delivery drivers and 120°+ temperatures in their trucks.   These test kits have to stay under 85°F. 

What happens to test kits that are exposed to temperatures that exceed their storage requirements?