Matt's Travel Agent

Ty Work

I used to use someone at cruise.com and recently switched to Michelle at MEI (she's great!).  The difference is that the big boys may give some discounts (due to group rates) and throw in gratuities.  But their service sucks! (it was always tough for me to reach them).  MEI is a bit smaller and doesn't give the perks of the big boys but their service is fantastic.

4 hours ago, baltodave said:

MEI is a bit smaller and doesn't give the perks

The biggest perk I've gotten is saving thousands of dollars over multiple cruises due to the diligence of the MEI agents (yay @michelle). The onboard credit and such are nice, but at the end of the day, I want someone who can be reached quickly, can solve the problems encountered, coordinate between me and family members booking other cabins, and basically just make the entire experience better. I never had good luck with TAs before, since I usually spend hours looking for exactly the cruise I want, the cabin I want, etc. and often found myself more knowledgeable than the local TAs (in Colorado). But I find handing it over to an MEI TA makes for a wonderful experience because they give advice on things I didn't know or missed, watch for the better deals, and can get me repriced, etc. Definitely worth giving up a couple hundred dollars of an onboard credit gimmick for lesser service.

On 8/5/2022 at 5:42 PM, AshleyDillo said:

MEI Travel is the sponsor of this blog. If you visit the main RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com website you can fill out a form on the right side of the main page to have an agent assigned to you. No charge and no obligation to use them, but I've had great experiences with them!

When I first found this blog, I did sign up for MEI. I haven't been impressed. The first agent that responded to me, responded ONCE, after I first signed up. She wanted to know my specifics. Then, she never responded again. I sent her 4 emails. 

I ended up booking my next cruise myself, on Royal Caribbean. I hope it goes well. 

The first time I cruised I used AAA and ended up pretty much doing everything myself.  After joining the site here, I decided to try Mei and @Sharla has been amazing.  She has repriced my cruise when the price dropped without me asking, helped me with covid Disney trips, and when we had a family emergency and had to fly home from Paris, she was there in my worst hour to help.  I could book my own trips, but why bother when she makes the experience better!  And now she's helping my daughter with her honeymoon cruise!  Jane