Medication help

I have never taken my medications or supplements in original bottles.  I use those boxes that are days of the week.  1 set for morning pills and 1 set for evening pills.  I do carry a list of all my medications though.  No one has ever asked or checked them.

It is one of those things that you shouldn't have an issue with but if for some reason customs did a random check of your luggage it could end up holding things up a little as you go through explaining what they are and if they feel like they need to check going through that process.

If I had the bottles then I've take them in that just to make it easier but not a massive deal if you don't.

I never take my prescription bottles with me. I keep mine in a multiple compartment case that I put labels on for each med. (and supplement)

FYI: It's also a good idea to take an extra couple days worth of medications in case of travel issues delaying your return home.

My late wife had many medical issues and many accompanying medications.  I had her meds in pre-sorted daily containers.  Twice in our many cruises Customs choose our luggage to inspect, both times the agents commented about the amount of pills.  I explained and mentioned I had paper copies of the original prescriptions, neither time did the agents want to see the prescriptions.  In more modern times I have photos of the prescriptions in the file app on my iPhone.  Keep in mind the letter of the law requires the original lapeled container which I would have if we were carrying hard scheduled narcotics.

Bill

It seems that most of the large pharmacies (Walgreens, CVS, even Publix) put pills in large bottles. I assume they are easier to open with larger lids.  I take a few prescriptions each day as well as some over the counter stuff, probiotics, allergy pills, daily vitamins, and the like.  Keeping them in their original containers would take up a ton of room.

I've looked at some of the soft side pill carriers on Amazon, but rather than spend the money, I just use small "snack" sized zip lock baggies and write the pill name on the baggie with a sharpie. If I am going to be gone for a week, I put 10-12 pills in each baggie just in case of flight cancelations or other travel related issues. Then those baggies go into a quart size freezer bag (the freezer bags are thicker). They take up very little room.  Always keep them in a carry-on (my laptop backpack).  The quart bag kind of rolls up and I am able to tuck it into an open sleave that the backpack has inside for storing papers and such.

We use the soft-sided pill organizers (Amazon) with the little zip-lock bags that fit into each slot.  I love these as they are slim and fits into my carry-on backpack.  I do have a picture of the original bottles just in case.  I never have been asked in all our flying (domestic and international) but you just never know.