Royal up strange !!!

So the neighbourhoods view that’s been stuck in pending and I couldn’t alter bid now says unavailable.    But the spacious ocean view that I got a knock back on 3 weeks ago allowed me to make a bid and it’s saying ONBOARD UPGRADE REVIEW.    

think I will go to guest services and see if can swing anything.      Any advice ? 

1 hour ago, Southsider said:

So the neighbourhoods view that’s been stuck in pending and I couldn’t alter bid now says unavailable.    But the spacious ocean view that I got a knock back on 3 weeks ago allowed me to make a bid and it’s saying ONBOARD UPGRADE REVIEW.    

think I will go to guest services and see if can swing anything.      Any advice ? 

Onboard upgrades are very rare. 

Royal ups can still be awarded up to boarding time which will account for last minute cancelations, which would be largely Covid related (failed tests).

Best practice is to book a cabin you are happy with and not get crazy about upgrades. Make a bid if you are comfortable with the price but odds are that you will stay where you are.

6 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Onboard upgrades are very rare. 

Royal ups can still be awarded up to boarding time which will account for last minute cancelations, which would be largely Covid related (failed tests).

Best practice is to book a cabin you are happy with and not get crazy about upgrades. Make a bid if you are comfortable with the price but odds are that you will stay where you are.

I know you do not get double points when you win a Royal up bid in a suite.  However, do you get the coastal kitchen (if applicable to the oasis class) or priority embarkation/debarkation? 

19 minutes ago, Ndfan89 said:

I know you do not get double points when you win a Royal up bid in a suite.  However, do you get the coastal kitchen (if applicable to the oasis class) or priority embarkation/debarkation? 

Yes.  Other than double points you get the other suite perks when you Royal Up into a suite.