xSAILEDx Harmony of the Seas - May 6, 2023 - May 13, 2023 (7 Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, joining you!  This will be a redo for my brother’s family.  Weather delays caused them to miss our March 2022 Harmony cruise (we made it and had a great time!) so we are trying again.  Loved Harmony and our ridiculously large OS.  We are all in JS this time.

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

Hi, joining you!  This will be a redo for my brother’s family.  Weather delays caused them to miss our March 2022 Harmony cruise (we made it and had a great time!) so we are trying again.  Loved Harmony and our ridiculously large OS.  We are all in JS this time.

Nice! We're actually going with my father-in-law and brother-in-law! It'll be the brother's first cruise. I'm curious to see the differences between Oasis and Harmony. We went on Oasis back in May.

And my brother’s first cruise too!  Originally 3/21 on Rhapsody then did a lift & shift to Harmony.  That’s how we got the OS.  It was half price with the price protection.  Day before, weather up & down the east coast.  We were able to get a flight out.  He & his son had 3 flights canceled on them at 3 different airports.  Felt terrible that we got to go & they didn’t.

12 hours ago, Pooch said:

And my brother’s first cruise too!  Originally 3/21 on Rhapsody then did a lift & shift to Harmony.  That’s how we got the OS.  It was half price with the price protection.  Day before, weather up & down the east coast.  We were able to get a flight out.  He & his son had 3 flights canceled on them at 3 different airports.  Felt terrible that we got to go & they didn’t.

That definitely sucks. Have you ever done a Mexican itinerary before?

9 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Yes, we did Cozumel and Costa Maya in 2018.  Never been to Honduras. The March cruise was Eastern Caribbean.

Cool, I've never been. I'm pretty excited. Our first cruise only stopped at Canaveral, Coco Cay, and NassauI so pretty excited to have more opportunities for shore excursions. I booked Nachi Cocom on Matt's recommendation. We've never done an all-inclusive resort before.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Harmony of the Seas - May 6, 2023 - May 13, 2023 (7 Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day)
  • 4 weeks later...

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I will be there.   My girlfriend and I are going.  This will be our first Aqua Theater Suite.   I'm going to reserve a floating cabana at Perfect Day once they become available.  We'll probably be looking for people to hang out with and drink with 🙂  The only thing we'd ask of people that we invite to our cabana is to pitch in on the gratuity fund.  Gotta make it rain for the people that work so hard to ensure we have a great time.

1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I will be there.   My girlfriend and I are going.  This will be our first Aqua Theater Suite.   I'm going to reserve a floating cabana at Perfect Day once they become available.  We'll probably be looking for people to hang out with and drink with 🙂  The only thing we'd ask of people that we invite to our cabana is to pitch in on the gratuity fund.  Gotta make it rain for the people that work so hard to ensure we have a great time.

I'm hoping to book a cabana, but could never afford a floating one! That'd be pretty nice! I'd like to at least get the Beach Club cabana so we could also enjoy the club.

1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

Anyone else waiting impatiently to be able to do more than book excursions on Cozumel and Roatan?   When does everything usually unlock?

No idea, but I check back regularly. Perhaps when it hits six months we can book Perfect Day stuff? Also, I'm curious why there's nothing for Cost Maya at all yet. We're doing Nachi Cocum, so Cozumel is all set for us already.

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Lexster said:

Oh yeah, me and my husband, my father and brother-in-law. It's their first cruise. So, 4.

You all could join us.  It is just the two of us and that huge cabana.  If you'd like to, the only thing I'd ask is your party pitch in $100 for the cabana attendant gratuity.  We are doing $100 as well.  So, I think $200 combined would really be showing our appreciation for the service 🙂  Also, I may be 53, but I plan on using the kids slide lol.

On 10/25/2022 at 8:55 PM, Jonesy said:

You all could join us.  It is just the two of us and that huge cabana.  If you'd like to, the only thing I'd ask is your party pitch in $100 for the cabana attendant gratuity.  We are doing $100 as well.  So, I think $200 combined would really be showing our appreciation for the service 🙂  Also, I may be 53, but I plan on using the kids slide lol.

Oh, hey, that'd be pretty sweet. No problem pitching in, thanks! I'm Jim, by the way. Husband and I are mid 30s, but my father in law is around your age. As it gets closer, let's exchange contact info so we can meet up!

6 hours ago, Lexster said:

Oh, hey, that'd be pretty sweet. No problem pitching in, thanks! I'm Jim, by the way. Husband and I are mid 30s, but my father in law is around your age. As it gets closer, let's exchange contact info so we can meet up!

Pleased to meet you.  I sent a more personal hello in a private message.  

This will be the first cruise where I haven't purchased the deluxe beverage package.  I think Royal got a bit aggressive with their pricing and their sale on the refreshment package was too good.  I just paid $22.99 a person.  $50 a day per person is a huge difference.  The difference between the two packages with gratuities (for two) was over $800.  Now I don't feel like I have to keep drinking to make up for the high price of the package.  I can get the drinks I want and if I happen to want an alcoholic beverage, I can pay for it individually.  

10 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Pleased to meet you.  I sent a more personal hello in a private message.  

This will be the first cruise where I haven't purchased the deluxe beverage package.  I think Royal got a bit aggressive with their pricing and their sale on the refreshment package was too good.  I just paid $22.99 a person.  $50 a day per person is a huge difference.  The difference between the two packages with gratuities (for two) was over $800.  Now I don't feel like I have to keep drinking to make up for the high price of the package.  I can get the drinks I want and if I happen to want an alcoholic beverage, I can pay for it individually.  

Yeah, I just bought the refreshment package today too for that price. We don't really drink alcohol and really enjoyed the refreshment package on our last cruise on the Oasis OTS. Think our favorite thing was getting the special Mocktails on the bar menus. They're actually pretty good.

11 minutes ago, Lexster said:

Yeah, I just bought the refreshment package today too for that price. We don't really drink alcohol and really enjoyed the refreshment package on our last cruise on the Oasis OTS. Think our favorite thing was getting the special Mocktails on the bar menus. They're actually pretty good.

I assume you can get all the special frozen drinks without the alcohol.  I think the one I had often was a strawberry lava float or something like that.  The red and white frozen drink.  Having alcohol in it doesn't really make or break the drink.  I like it because of the flavor and because it is cold.

10 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

I assume you can get all the special frozen drinks without the alcohol.  I think the one I had often was a strawberry lava float or something like that.  The red and white frozen drink.  Having alcohol in it doesn't really make or break the drink.  I like it because of the flavor and because it is cold.

Yep, they use the drink mixes without alcohol, so the lava flow gets the daquiri and pina colada frozen mix and they just don't add the rum. There are actual Mocktails as well, though. One was the Blueberry Nojito. Not sure what's in it, but it's specifically a mocktail on the menu.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2022 at 6:48 PM, Jonesy said:

Day 3 excursions are now available.  Not sure they are all that interesting to me.  Not a fan of the super early start times for relatively short excursions.  The ship arrives at 8am and an excursion starts at 830.  Too early.

I'm a bit disappointed at how few options there are. Really hoping more are added.

23 minutes ago, Lexster said:

I'm a bit disappointed at how few options there are. Really hoping more are added.

The choices are few, the times are bad, and the prices are on the high side. That might be the port where we just visit the shops around the port and make it a really chill day.

16 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

The choices are few, the times are bad, and the prices are on the high side. That might be the port where we just visit the shops around the port and make it a really chill day.

That's what I'm thinking. At least from what I'm reading, the port is nice and the people are friendly and not pushy, so that's good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What is with the horrible excursion times out of Costa Maya?    A Mexican salsa experience at 8:30am?  No thanks.  I can understand if something is 6 hours long, but not 2-3 hours.  Especially something that is very much NOT a breakfast type deal like the salsa experience.  The idea of having to set my alarm for super early while on vacation is not appealing.  I think I'll stick with taking that day off and sleeping in.  Sleep is good 🙂

I was wanting to do the guacamole class onboard but unfortunately the selection was too limited.  Just 2 classes the entire cruise.  And as luck would have it, one was immediately after our sushi class or right before the sip.tour.brunch thing.  Seems surprisingly limited for a ship that size.

The dolphin excursion should be fun.  The idea of being in a bus (likely overcrowded) for 4 to 5 hours does not sound like fun at all.   I saw somewhere an unofficial excursion to a butterfly farm.  That could have been really cool to see but I suspect more of the same long bus rides.  I may just stay on the ship that stop.  Or, at most, check out a few shops right at the port.  Maybe pick up a few souvenirs and then get back on the ship.  Less than 4 months to go.  Not that I'm counting. 

• 4 weeks later...