Sweating it out now before testing for our cruise

Our cruise on Oasis is Sunday August 14th which means we have to test Friday before. My mother in law and father in law have covid. We were around her father law a bit on Monday looking at a house, 20 minutes probably. We are testing and testing and testing and thankfully negative so far. Definitely sweating this last week. I feel like crap but its allergies, I get this every year at this time. I cut grass all summer at my job and it kills me allergy wise.  

I know there is nothing anyone can say to make you worry less.  What I can tell you is in June my son tested positive for covid 7 days before our cruise.  We canceled and rebooked, and we are still both alive and well.  In July we had a very nice cruise to Alaska.  In 3 weeks, I fly to Europe, and I run around Europe for 7 days before my Artic cruise.  I just hope I don't get covid on the flight or running around Europe.  If I do, it will be a different experience than I expect but I will be OK.

You will be OK 

We tested positive 3 days before our 7/17 Mariner cruise and had to rebook. Was looking forward to running into and meeting Matt, but maybe another time: Just keep testing like you are doing. I would tell you not to stress about it…but that’s impossible. Mentally prepare yourself that you may need to cancel, but if you don’t you will be that much more thrilled to go. Wish you luck!! 

So @RCIfan1912 I wouldn't have tested every day. My son tested positive three weeks before our Alaska cruise, tested negative five days later. I didn't do any tests until the required one, two days before. It would either be negative or not. On the other hand I might test positive 10 days before and be required to cancel, and then actually be negative again five days later? My son and I both had COVID Feb 2021, my wife sleeping in the same bed with me never got it.

13 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

So @RCIfan1912 I wouldn't have tested every day. My son tested positive three weeks before our Alaska cruise, tested negative five days later. I didn't do any tests until the required one, two days before. It would either be negative or not. On the other hand I might test positive 10 days before and be required to cancel, and then actually be negative again five days later? My son and I both had COVID Feb 2021, my wife sleeping in the same bed with me never got it.

Wow 5 days later! That's awesome and encouraging. I'm gonna do every other day I think till Friday for our official test. Hopefully the official test goes away soon. Hopefully Canada chills out before our Oasis cruise next May. 🤞

Then again, we're 4 weeks out from an Oasis cruise and just staring to get that nervous tingle. Really don't think they'll drop testing before then nor for our October cruise, especially since October goes to Canada and they'll probably be requiring testing through 2023.

42 minutes ago, Floski said:

Okay, so if I was to test positive on the Friday before a Sunday sail, 

can't I go to another place and re-test?   I'm not 100% confident in 

the results of these tests.

I know someone that did that very thing. He was on a group cruise and tested positive at one "walk in", went to another and was negative. He also took a PCR test a few days before that and was negative. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Go figure right. 

3 hours ago, Floski said:

Okay, so if I was to test positive on the Friday before a Sunday sail, 

can't I go to another place and re-test?   I'm not 100% confident in 

the results of these tests.

As long as you have results that say negative that will get you in the terminal.. They do ask in your health questionnaire at boarding if you've tested positive in the prior 10 days or been around someone who has in the prior 14..so keep that in mind.

On 8/5/2022 at 10:10 AM, RCIfan1912 said:

Our cruise on Oasis is Sunday August 14th which means we have to test Friday before. My mother in law and father in law have covid. We were around her father law a bit on Monday looking at a house, 20 minutes probably. We are testing and testing and testing and thankfully negative so far. Definitely sweating this last week. I feel like crap but its allergies, I get this every year at this time. I cut grass all summer at my job and it kills me allergy wise.  

Same boat as you (literally and figuratively! Ha!) just hopping to stay healthy from now until Friday - then I can be mentally on vacation!