How do you tip when you have unlimited dinning package when at specialty restaurants

I know I payed 18% tip when I purchased the package. but averaged out that about 25 per meal so I figure the waiter was getting a 4.20 tip from that. but if I tip off list price i should be tipping $12. we had great service all cruise so Felt I should make sure I tipped appropriately so I made up the difference and added some more. IS that the right way to do it or am I missing something

2 hours ago, OutToSea said:

I know I payed 18% tip when I purchased the package. but averaged out that about 25 per meal so I figure the waiter was getting a 4.20 tip from that. but if I tip off list price i should be tipping $12. we had great service all cruise so Felt I should make sure I tipped appropriately so I made up the difference and added some more. IS that the right way to do it or am I missing something

You tip what you feel is comfortable.

I fluctuate from between $5/10 a person per instance. I do what feels comfortable to me and the staff is always grateful. 

13 hours ago, OutToSea said:

This is a great question and all of the answers seem appropriate it is really a feel thing. For me I usually do UDP so I have paid for all of the dinners in advance. That being said I know that the staff works their ass off. Just for me I usually tip 10$ if I am having lunch somewhere with my wife and then at dinner I will leave a $20 unless we were to eat at Johnny Rockets. It may seem like a lot to some but usually my only onboard room charges are tips at the restaurants and is less than $200 for the week. I usually take $200 in small bills for tipping other folks like a dollar a drink and stuff like that but I am even thinking that on my next cruise in November I might just take more cash in $20's to leave cash just to make it so the servers don't have to wait for it on their paycheck. 

Whatever you leave them regardless of amount I think they will appreciate it and it is great that you are doing it.