Why would anyone buy a Johny rockets hamburger when for less money across the boardwalk you can get a much better playmakers burger for less

@FloatyBoaty I would encourage you to try it yourself before deciding. People often have strong opinions that they voice on the boards, but that doesn’t mean their opinion is accurate or in any way represents a consensus. We truly hate the buffet, the atmosphere top among the reasons, but we know plenty of people who like it. I don’t expect my thoughts are superior to anyone else’s, we are all different, so please do keep in mind that there are 1000s of cruisers with 1000s of opinions that they are glad to share online with little agreement on any cruise topic.  Lots of very long time cruisers enjoy the MDR for breakfast and lunch and have never run into a problem. Try everything, a few times, yourself 😊

1 hour ago, Summer Bee Sweet said:

You can order it as a single. You can also order 6 wings vs 12 All tips on how to budget stomach space when you have the UDP and PM is a afternoon snack before dinner at 150 CP

Fair enough. I always have the ultimate mostly-free dining plan and I don't do much budgeting, lol. Eventually I get full... but then it passes. 🤣

16 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

Why would anyone eat a dry burger onboard from any venue when they can eat interesting entrees and appetizers all day long that most of us would never bother to cook at home (unless from room service at midnight LOL)? We prefer a full dining experience for breakfast, lunch, and dinner whenever possible, I can slum it at home at a much lower cost.

I agree...we have several JR'S around where we live and rarely if ever go. We're not fans of the crowds and chaos of the WJ for breakfast and prefer sitting down and being served (which is "our" definition of vacation). For lunch we do venture into the WJ or enjoy just grabbing something at one of the other included venues. We are glad that there are so many options as it helps spread out the masses. While I stated my opinions I don't begrudge anyone else of theirs. I do enjoy reading these kinds of posts as it shows us other options and different points of view.

One of the big reasons I almost did symphony over Harmony for our upcoming trip was for playmakers.  I've never been , and in retrospect, would have been an awesome place to watch new years day football games!  I personally love Johnny rockets and I think I would love playmakers, but definitely different atmospheres.  I think the cost difference is a non-factor when talking about everything else you spend.  Jane

On 8/5/2022 at 10:34 AM, smokeybandit said:

I ask a lot of "why would anyone want to do that?" type questions on cruises. But people do want to. The wide range of activities and restaurants are what make cruising something for everyone.

I think this is so true with life in general.  I have had friends question why we travel with our kids so much and that there is no way they could handling vacationing with their kids it wouldn't be fun and a waste of money.  Well that is you and I personally have a blast with my children on vacation.  Everyone is different and so everyone likes different things.  Restaurants I love, others hate and ones I hate others love.  The nice things is we all have so many choices on cruises we can find what we like.

17 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Kinda sad that one could not vacation with their kids.  My parents never went anywhere without us!  My kids are adults and I still try to take them whenever possible.  

Agree 100% 

We are taking our granddaughter who will be 5 yrs old at the time to visit Santa in Lapland next year.

It's about creating memories not just for ourselves but for those we love.

On 8/6/2022 at 9:59 AM, mom2mybugs said:

One of the big reasons I almost did symphony over Harmony for our upcoming trip was for playmakers.  I've never been , and in retrospect, would have been an awesome place to watch new years day football games!  I personally love Johnny rockets and I think I would love playmakers, but definitely different atmospheres.  I think the cost difference is a non-factor when talking about everything else you spend.  Jane

I have to admit, as one who has never been impressed by an RC specialty restaurant, Playmakers was quite good. Better than expected food for a "pub food" place and a solid selection of beers.

16 minutes ago, Ray said:

Agree 100% 

We are taking our granddaughter who will be 5 yrs old at the time to visit Santa in Lapland next year.

It's about creating memories not just for ourselves but for those we love.

Grandkids have all been taken to WDW at least twice each, 1 has cruised.  What fun is going fun places if you can’t share them with people you love??  Our daughter had to back out of our October cruise & son is not available so it’s just me & hubby.  I will probably want to kill him for the insurance money by day 4!!!

You’ve never taken a trip with kids until you throw a 5 year old, 12 year old, and 13 year old in the back seat of an extended cab pickup (think half doors, not full size ones) and driven from Maine to Pensacola. 

I wish we had thought about cruising back then. 

9 minutes ago, teddy said:

We’re going to bring all three kids and their families on a cruise for our 30th anniversary. 

Very kind and generous of you.

My wife's parents have been taking us and her sister's family on a family cruise every 5 years for the past 10 years. It started with their 40th and all 3 families have anniversaries that aren't far apart and happen to be in 5 year increments so everyone is always celebrating something.

This past May was their 50th (our 20th) so they got us all suites for the milestone and we had an incredible time.

Happy planning!

8 hours ago, Pooch said:

Grandkids have all been taken to WDW at least twice each, 1 has cruised.  What fun is going fun places if you can’t share them with people you love??  Our daughter had to back out of our October cruise & son is not available so it’s just me & hubby.  I will probably want to kill him for the insurance money by day 4!!!

I will say many of those people just stopped traveling after having kids.  They didn't understand how we could do it and not be stressed and have any fun.  Lots of people don't understand how you can have fun on vacation with young kids.  We travel a ton with our kids, they are quite spoiled.