Can I bring a guest to exclusive top tier event?

Dods

I'm about to go on my first cruise as a platinum C&A member so I plan to attend the "exclusive top tier event." My travel partner, who is staying in the same stateroom, is not a platinum member yet. Will I be able to bring them to the event as a guest or do they also need to be platinum? Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Dods said:

I'm about to go on my first cruise as a platinum C&A member so I plan to attend the "exclusive top tier event." My travel partner, who is staying in the same stateroom, is not a platinum member yet. Will I be able to bring them to the event as a guest or do they also need to be platinum? Thank you. 

Pre-Covid they asked for your invitation, but on Mariner in June they didn't.  Everyone just walked in.  So I agree with smokeybandit.

13 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

What is the top tier event like?  We will be cruisng as platinum members for the first time this month.

Free champagne/mimosas/rum punch - differs by ship/ venue. Some ships they have a mini entertainment demo show. Officers and captain come out and get recognized. Loyalty member count breakdown is given. New Pinnacles are recognized. Top cruisers are recognized.

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

So except for the possibility of some free booze, one would go to this because??!

Dan and I refer to this event as “The Cattle Call”.  Unless you are particularly interested in knowing how many C&A members are onboard or which cruisers have reached a high level milestone (and many ships don’t even do this anymore !) or just can’t wait for a crappy glass of “champagne” then this event is pretty lame.  Some of the officers and crew file through and the Loyalty Ambassador gives a [usually uninspiring] talk about the wonders of C&A.  Generally a forgettable experience which we have declined for a number of years now.  I am always amused at the number of people who wait eagerly for the doors to open, invitations clutched tightly, and be permitted to pass through the gauntlet of hand-shaking (this ritual has probably gone away with the plague) crew and scurry away to find a seat up front.

To be fair, there is usually some live music and some guests really enjoy the dancing so for those who enjoy it, I’m glad they have the event.  For us, it’s snoozeville and we rarely attend.  The last time we went it was to receive a crystal block for some milestone (can’t remember which it was) at the personal invitation of the LA.  I believe it was on Grandeur. 

13 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I personally enjoy attending for the people watching 😂

I also hang out in the back and get seconds and thirds and on and on and on of the cheap champagne. That greatly enhances the people watching. 😂

The wife and I do not drink alcohol and I usually don't require it to act a fool.   Stop watching me @AshleyDillo!   LOL