Voom Internet

Jjohnb

I'm trying to decide what Zoom package to purchase.  If I have two devices (1 phone and 1 laptop) but will only be using one device at a time.  Can I purchase the one device option or do I need the two device option?  I guess what I'm asking, with the one device option is it assigned to a specific device or is it one logon that can be used on any one device at a time?

Unlike MSC, Royal does not lock the paid internet plan to one device.  As stated on Royal it's one device at a time.  

To switch devices you can use a web browser to visit logout.com which will logout a connected device.  Then on the other device log in and and away you go. 

If you forget to log out a connected laptop in the cabin and leave the cabin you can log in on your phone and the system will see that a different device is currently connected.  It will then prompt you to switch devices which kicks off the previously connected device.  You can do this over and over all day long switching between devices or you can log out on the first device elegantly.  It doesn't matter on Royal. 

image.thumb.jpeg.11034626d860861174f09c18cb783a64.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jjohnb said:

Thanks for the quick responses.  One follow up question, I know this is probably a person specific thing but for texting, email and light internet usage, is the Surf package sufficient or is it worth upgrading to the Surf + Stream?

Texting is fine on Surf, you can even doing wifi calling using Surf. 

The thing about Surf is that's its slow.  Anything that involves more data will be slow.  An email with only text is okay, an email with graphic signatures or attachments will be slow to load.  So much on the internet has rich content.   A email from a grocery store or warehouse club is loaded with images that will be slow to load.  Facebook is loaded with images and video which will be very slow using Surf.  Texting using Messenger will be fine.  Sending a photo with a text message will be painful.  

Surf and Stream is a much better user experience even if you don't stream.  

On 8/4/2022 at 2:18 PM, Jjohnb said:

Thanks for the quick responses.  One follow up question, I know this is probably a person specific thing but for texting, email and light internet usage, is the Surf package sufficient or is it worth upgrading to the Surf + Stream?

Video is better with the upgraded option if that's important to you, but we've found the Surf option works fine for texts, FB, Signal, etc. If you're really looking to watch video while on your cruise, then the Surf & Stream is the way to go.