Whats the latest with removing the vax mandate? Thank you for the response!!!

48 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

The area to upload vax info is gone for all my sailings that I have checked-in, however, when you go to check-in it still says, "everyone over 12........"

It must be a revamp, you'd think if they were going to require it then the place to upload the card would still be there. That said, I know people have said it has disappeared before, so maybe it's just one of those things.

15 minutes ago, RogerC1 said:

@Matt Did you say in the live stream on Monday that you think something will be announced this week about the vaccine regulations?

Unlike the public website where dates have mostly been removed the TA portal apparently still has references to cruises through Aug. 14 so the expectation is that there may be another announcement for cruises after Aug. 14.

43 minutes ago, The Cruiser said:

Its time Royal Caribbean steps up like Norwegian did yesterday, and is getting rid of the Vaccine mandate, Just like the CEO said we just have to move forward like the rest of the world and live with it.  

The time is now for the individual countries they visit to ease up the requirements to go there.   As long as each country visited has different protocols and are placing undue demands (like Canada) it creates so much confusion and effort for the travel industry to comply with.

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

As long as each country visited has different protocols and are placing undue demands (like Canada) it creates so much confusion and effort for the travel industry to comply with.

It's likely this is the delay. Making an announcement about dropping vax mandates on certain sailings with certain itineraries causes confusion because no one wants to read beyond the headlines. They have to figure out operationally how to adjust between all the different itineraries and different sailings to accommodate the requirements of the ports. Then they also need to be able to communicate what is expected for each sailing to the passengers, which Royal's communication has never been its strong point. 

10 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's likely this is the delay. Making an announcement about dropping vax mandates on certain sailings with certain itineraries causes confusion because no one wants to read beyond the headlines. They have to figure out operationally how to adjust between all the different itineraries and different sailings to accommodate the requirements of the ports. Then they also need to be able to communicate what is expected for each sailing to the passengers, which Royal's communication has never been its strong point. 

It's also a massive challenge for crew to implement wildly different protocols onboard one week to the next.  

This cruise is Bermuda so vax only, Bermuda eTA and tests, next cruise is Mexico with no protocols.   Cruise after that has Grand Cayman so 95% vax.  After that is St. Kitts with 90% vax.    ...And so on.  

The very end of the NCL announcement mentions Bahamas does not require vaccination but does require testing. I find that interesting in light of Carnival talking about Bahamas requiring testing and then dropping that language while Royal never brought it up at all.

Very curious to see what happens over the next couple of weeks as "untested" passengers head to the Bahamas ... my next visit isnt until end of month so there is time to see what happens.

20 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

The very end of the NCL announcement mentions Bahamas does not require vaccination but does require testing. I find that interesting in light of Carnival talking about Bahamas requiring testing and then dropping that language while Royal never brought it up at all.

Very curious to see what happens over the next couple of weeks as "untested" passengers head to the Bahamas ... my next visit isnt until end of month so there is time to see what happens.

If you look at the NCL travel requirements by country page, they only require testing for unvaccinated in the Bahamas.

53 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you look at the NCL travel requirements by country page, they only require testing for unvaccinated in the Bahamas.

NCL says that after September 3 unvaccinated still cannot board a trip going through Greece, but I thought they removed restrictions months ago. Anyone know what the deal is for Greece? 

6 hours ago, The Cruiser said:

Its time Royal Caribbean steps up like Norwegian did yesterday, and is getting rid of the Vaccine mandate, Just like the CEO said we just have to move forward like the rest of the world and live with it.  

If im correct NCL only allowed vaccinated passengers to cruise where as RC and other cruiselines allowed a certain % of unvaccinated guests! 

This move doesn't mean NCL are leading the way what it means is they are finally catching up and even with their new guidlines their hands along with RC and other cruiselines are still tied by individual governments who are still insisting on various measures to be in place.

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

NCL is desperate, probably fired any lawyer that argued for a 6 night rule. 

I met someone a few months back who had worked in health and safety at a major cruise line for many years leading up to COVID.  Said they had disagreed strenuously with the line's COVID response and made their objections known.  No longer employed by said cruise line...

New Protocols:

Updated Vaccination Protocol for U.S. and European Cruises

We continue to work with our destination partners to evolve our protocols and align with the broader travel industry, as we transition to the point that everyone can vacation with us. 

Starting with September 5thdepartures, all travelers regardless of vaccination status can cruise on the following itineraries, as long as they meet any testing requirements to board. 

• Cruises from Los Angeles, California. Browse itineraries.
  • Cruises from Galveston, Texas. Browse itineraries.
    (Note: Currently, only guests that show a valid vaccination record can get off the ship in Grand Cayman)
  • Cruises from New Orleans, Louisiana. Browse itineraries.
    (Note: Currently, only guests that show a valid vaccination record can get off the ship in Grand Cayman)
  • Cruises from a European homeport. Browse itineraries.
    (Note: Guests that are not “up to date” on their vaccination per EMA standards will need to take a test onboard in order to get off the ship in Greece and Spain)
Vaccination requirements remain in place until further notice for any homeport not mentioned above. Visit our Getting Ready to Cruise page to view current protocols by homeport. 

15 minutes ago, RogerC1 said:

I just still want to know why Michael Bayley promised all cruises starting August 8th would not require vaccination and Royal still hasn’t addressed that or apologized for the gross miscommunication. 

I do have to agree that the wording of these announcements has been horrendous - starting with the “welcoming” the unvaccinated. I’m not sure that they could be doing a worse job.

I think this is all going to lead to confusion for the passengers and maybe the crew.  No vaccination needed from Galveston, but then you can’t get off the ship in Grand Cayman.  It seems like it would have been better to wait until they worked out the details with each stop and then drop it.  While those of us on the board are well versed in the policies, the general public may miss some of the fine details and then be upset when. Of course, it is the passengers responsibility to know the policy, but we know someone will miss it or their “not as good” travel agent will misinform them of the policy.

1 hour ago, Reigert2008 said:

I think this is all going to lead to confusion for the passengers and maybe the crew.  No vaccination needed from Galveston, but then you can’t get off the ship in Grand Cayman.  It seems like it would have been better to wait until they worked out the details with each stop and then drop it.  While those of us on the board are well versed in the policies, the general public may miss some of the fine details and then be upset when. Of course, it is the passengers responsibility to know the policy, but we know someone will miss it or their “not as good” travel agent will misinform them of the policy.

It is a lot less confusing than NCL's policy where they are basically tell everyone regardless of vaccination status you are welcome to cruise.  However, you the passenger have to figure out if you are allowed off the ship, what documents you may need as a unvaccinated passenger to get off the ship, do you need to test prior to getting off the ship,  or if you are even allowed to board the ship at embarkation port at all.  NCL is putting all of this on their guest to figure out, Royal for now is saying if you are sailing out of Texas or New Orleans and are unvaccinated the only port you will not be able to get off at is Grand Cayman and they are working with the Islands in the Eastern Caribbean on coming up with a harmonious policy that aligns entry requirements.  Right now looking at the Eastern Caribbean and even if you don't have time to go through all the entry requirements for unvaccinated individuals just look at NCL's announcement it is hodgepodge of restrictions that vary form island to island that will undoubtedly lead to extremely frustrated passengers and frustrated crew. 

As anxious as unvaccinated individuals are to get back out there cruising I honestly think the steps Royal is taking will result is a better cruise experience for passengers than the steps NCL or even Virgin has taken.  

The headlines for both NCL and Virgin are more exciting than the headline from Royal, but if an unvaccinated passenger does not do their due diligence on an NCL or Virgin cruise they will be in for a world of frustration and disappointment especially if they are cruising the Eastern Caribbean.  The frustration is foreseeable and avoidable if cruise lines would just take ownership of it like Royal is doing, instead of placing 100% of the ownership and knowing entry restrictions on the customer like NCL and Virgin are doing.  I think people are getting caught up in the headlines, Virgin and NCL are allowing unvaccinated guest onboard but are not pay close attention to much of the fine print.  Whereas Royal is taking a different approach in asking unvaccinated customers for a little more time while they continue to work with island in the Eastern Caribbean on coming up with a better plan that is less confusing for customers. However if you are unvaccinated and want to cruise with Royal, Royal is saying you can cruise with us starting in September out of Los Angeles, also out of Texas and Galveston but you will not be able to get off the ship in Grand Cayman.

I'm curious as to if someone happens to get off the ship at say Grand Cayman and is caught without the proper documents by Grand Cayman officials trying to visit tourist areas or trying to get back on the ship? I'd bet the fines would be large and you may end up in the pokey. You better know the rules to the place(s) you are visiting.

46 minutes ago, VACruiser said:

I'm curious as to if someone happens to get off the ship at say Grand Cayman and is caught without the proper documents by Grand Cayman officials trying to visit tourist areas or trying to get back on the ship? I'd bet the fines would be large and you may end up in the pokey. You better know the rules to the place(s) you are visiting.

I suspect that when they scan sea passes when leaving the ship it will let security know whether or not the person is vaccinated……or something similar. 

That’s what I’d do. 

1 hour ago, VACruiser said:

If you are unvaccinated, you won’t even be permitted through the security post to get on the tender. 

8 hours ago, Reigert2008 said:

I think you are correct.  In a few weeks there will be mad posts about paying all this money for a cruise and they couldn't get off the ship.  "No one told me" yet it's there in plain english for all to see today.  

Angry tik tok coming soon.  

14 minutes ago, RogerC1 said:

Of course. 

33494B77-50D2-4BAA-99B2-C92C2F66204B.jpeg

30272D47-B86A-4447-9C6B-E21947E9FA09.jpeg

59077969-61EB-43E4-8A55-4085E34C0301.jpeg

B037E37A-CD81-4202-A80B-A0A8CBAF45E0.jpeg

His post it about testing.   While he mentions unvax in one sentence, the post is about testing in general.

He stated the ships will continue to operate with highly vaccinated.  

No where does he state all restrictions are being removed for unvax and that unvax can sail everywhere.  

Some of the other screenshots are not from MB.  They are random or partial screenshots or communication to social media agents or this blog.   

It seems you are focused on one sentence while ignoring the context of the rest of the post.  

He never said everyone can sail after August 8.  Some will be allowed while they maintain highly vaccinated percentages.  

You are extracting a couple of words from a post that was all about changing testing requirements and inferring what you want to read into those few words while ignoring the context of the post.