Whats the latest with removing the vax mandate? Thank you for the response!!!

On 8/5/2022 at 1:43 PM, Pooch said:

I’m not sure I am ready for fully unvaxxed cruises.  I’m currently ok with 80% and, like easing into a cold pool, I will slowly adjust.  Just am not the type to jump right in!

Why are you afraid of the unvaxxed? Follow the science, it makes no difference to you getting infected.

And I am an “others oriented” person.  My concern is not for me but for asymptomatically carrying the infection home to vulnerable loved ones.  And yes, I take precautions in my every day life too.  And please don’t tell me it’s time to get on with my life.  My job put me at the forefront of this from the beginning.  I’m just looking for enough information to make a decision for myself and my family.

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

And I am an “others oriented” person.  My concern is not for me but for asymptomatically carrying the infection home to vulnerable loved ones.  And yes, I take precautions in my every day life too.  And please don’t tell me it’s time to get on with my life.  My job put me at the forefront of this from the beginning.  I’m just looking for enough information to make a decision for myself and my family.

I get it.  You stay where you feel you need to.  My job never shut down either, so I    get it.  Take the precautions as you feel you need.  I    100% support that notion.  However, you don't get to define what "others oriented" person means.

A fair point, it defines me (many times to exhaustion) and is a term my brother and I use often “me centered” and “others oriented”.  I’m not afraid of covid but I have a healthy respect for the damage it can inflict.  My opinions on the subject are mine and not intended to be foisted on others here.  As I said, just want to know what I’m walking into.

4 hours ago, Pooch said:

A fair point, it defines me (many times to exhaustion) and is a term my brother and I use often “me centered” and “others oriented”.  I’m not afraid of covid but I have a healthy respect for the damage it can inflict.  My opinions on the subject are mine and not intended to be foisted on others here.  As I said, just want to know what I’m walking into.

I think people conflate afraid with cautious, I have been a germaphobe all my life. It is rather weird, but I go into everything with the mindset that everyone is filthy. I don't know what you have......but you have it all. 

It started at a party when I was 5 and let a little girl play in my hair. I got ringworm so bad from her, all my hair fell out and I missed most of the 1st grade. Therefore, I am cautious, I won't stop living my life because of viruses and diseases. But I am also very cognizant of my surroundings and habits.

I get @Pooch mindset because a lot of people are "me centered" and only think of themselves. 

So it is now 3 DAYS before boarding that vaccinated people must produce a negative Covid-19 antigen or PCR test on cruises longer than 6 days.  So if my cruise leaves on Sunday, I can take my test on a Thursday?  Just want to make sure that I am crossing all my t's and dotting all my i's as I am a senior citizen and find this all confusing.

13 minutes ago, MKSglitz said:

So it is now 3 DAYS before boarding that vaccinated people must produce a negative Covid-19 antigen or PCR test on cruises longer than 6 days.  So if my cruise leaves on Sunday, I can take my test on a Thursday?  Just want to make sure that I am crossing all my t's and dotting all my i's as I am a senior citizen and find this all confusing.

You should have Royal emails for your particular sailing that describe what is in effect.  Some destinations (foreign ports) haven't changed their contract with Royal and may still require 2 days or less.

4 hours ago, MKSglitz said:

This is a cruise from Florida to the eastern Caribbean.  I'm confused about the 3 days before boarding.  Does that include the day you are boarding as day 3 or Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and then board on that 4th day?

If you are permitted to test 3 days before your cruise and you are sailing on A Sunday

Sunday, boarding day, is day 0, Saturday is day 1, before sailing…Friday is day 2, before sailing, Thursday is day 3 before sailing. Therefore Thursday would be the earliest you could test if you are allowed to test 3 days prior to your sailing  

On 8/5/2022 at 11:02 AM, Bowen said:

I don't think this is the case any longer, but previously yes, you could book as unvaccinated and the cruise line is just going to assume you are going to get vaccinated since those were the rules in place and they did make sure you knew when you booked (I presume this but cannot verify since none of my cruises were booked when the vaccine requirement was implemented, all were booked before hand). But now I don't think that's the case since they have done away with exemption requests. They ask you at the time of booking if you are vaccinated, so unless there is something in the booking agreement that says you might not have a spot (someone who just booked can probably verify this) then I would think you've got a spot on board. It's all very confusing though, no longer having exemption requests throws a whole other question in to play. I'm just assuming (and I know what that means) that you've got a spot on board if you book and that the unvaccinated will be allowed on a first come, first serve basis until a threshold is met, likely starting with those people like me who were already booked and had an exemption request pending. It was VERY lucky for your sister though, he definitely would have been denied at boarding if the current protocols were in place.

I just booked a cruise for 09/11 but never throughout the booking was I ask if Vaxxed. But they do state on their FAQ’s 12 and older need to be vaxxed 

18 hours ago, Salca said:

I just booked a cruise for 09/11 but never throughout the booking was I ask if Vaxxed. But they do state on their FAQ’s 12 and older need to be vaxxed 

Have you done  the on line or in app check in yet?  Is there still a section requesting you upload your vax card?  I booked 3 cruises so far but only one has sailed as yet.  I was not asked at time of booking but had to show proof both at 45 day check in and at the terminal.  

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Have you done  the on line or in app check in yet?

I did check in on the app for a Sept 18 cruise out of Galveston.  If you scroll down on the page where you enter you vac info, there is another selection that says "Guest not yet vaccinated."  Then when you click it, it says "That's ok."

1 hour ago, The Fox said:

I did check in on the app for a Sept 18 cruise out of Galveston.  If you scroll down on the page where you enter you vac info, there is another selection that says "Guest not yet vaccinated."  Then when you click it, it says "That's ok."

Same here.

19 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Wonder why it says “not YET” instead of just “guest not vaccinated”?

I did wonder the same thing, but when I called they assured me that no exemption was needed and that I’d have to likely do testing based on the protocols at the time. 

On the Independence right now!

No TESTING needed, people are thrilled at the reduced stress before boarding...and it shows on the Promenade!  

Our flight down from Detroit was absurd last Thursday afternoon.  We had 6+ hour delay with multiple changes.  Got to Amelia Island after midnight.  Glad we didn't have to worry about testing.  If we had to throw testing on top of that with the high probability of positive tests running rampant, I   may have snapped.  ONE restriction gone, bring on the next.  Water is fine, jump in.

46 minutes ago, CharmMicah68 said:

On the Independence right now!

No TESTING needed, people are thrilled at the reduced stress before boarding...and it shows on the Promenade!  

Our flight down from Detroit was absurd last Thursday afternoon.  We had 6+ hour delay with multiple changes.  Got to Amelia Island after midnight.  Glad we didn't have to worry about testing.  If we had to throw testing on top of that with the high probability of positive tests running rampant, I   may have snapped.  ONE restriction gone, bring on the next.  Water is fine, jump in.

Did they allow unvaccinated on this cruise?

55 minutes ago, AutumnCheyennne said:

Did they allow unvaccinated on this cruise?

It hard to say, but based on near inebriated bar talk, it is a mix.  Based on the Royal Up engagement just prior (like a day and the day prior), it feels like they were trying to fill the ship with last minute people.  We tried to eaves drop a bit during the check in process.  The buzz was NO TESTING.  I    will use my supreme disarming likeable personality skills to get the tea! 😉 Stay tuned. 

20 minutes ago, CharmMicah68 said:

It hard to say, but based on near inebriated bar talk, it is a mix.  Based on the Royal Up engagement just prior (like a day and the day prior), it feels like they were trying to fill the ship with last minute people.  We tried to eaves drop a bit during the check in process.  The buzz was NO TESTING.  I    will use my supreme disarming likeable personality skills to get the tea! 😉 Stay tuned. 

We just had a cruise booked on Allure of the Seas leaving on the 14th and just had to cancel today after a supervisor with Royal told us non-vaccinated passengers were not allowed on the ship. We booked it a couple weeks ago after we heard the announcement about 20% unvaxx allowed on the ship. We called and MADE SURE we would be allowed to sail. They said no worries, you can sail. I even have it on video. Booked and paid and now having to wait 3 weeks for a refund.  We are SO bummed. We were worried this might happen... 

1 hour ago, AutumnCheyennne said:

We just had a cruise booked on Allure of the Seas leaving on the 14th and just had to cancel today after a supervisor with Royal told us non-vaccinated passengers were not allowed on the ship. We booked it a couple weeks ago after we heard the announcement about 20% unvaxx allowed on the ship. We called and MADE SURE we would be allowed to sail. They said no worries, you can sail. I even have it on video. Booked and paid and now having to wait 3 weeks for a refund.  We are SO bummed. We were worried this might happen... 

This is what I am concerned about as well. I figure by the time we're supposed to go in September this will all be sorted one way or the other.

3 hours ago, Bowen said:

I did wonder the same thing, but when I called they assured me that no exemption was needed and that I’d have to likely do testing based on the protocols at the time. 

I hope you are right for your sake.  But I don’t trust phone CSRs.  You may not have to apply for an exemption but there could still be a cap on unvaxxed passengers allowed.  Everything is so fluid right now.  Glad we’re not sailing again until October.  Sending good vibes to you!

14 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I hope you are right for your sake.  But I don’t trust phone CSRs.  You may not have to apply for an exemption but there could still be a cap on unvaxxed passengers allowed.  Everything is so fluid right now.  Glad we’re not sailing again until October.  Sending good vibes to you!

I was 100% confident a week ago, but now I'm not. Either way it's okay, I'm not fussed about it. I knew this stuff could turn out to be a real brain ache for awhile which is why I made sure only to book out of a port 45 minutes from me. I am hopeful it's all sorted by September, but either way it'll be okay. 🙂 I'm glad you aren't sailing until October as well, the longer you wait the better chance you board with no testing at all.

55 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

With cruising being so competitive, I wonder if NCL's announcement about unvaccinated makes RC speed up their timeframe/announcement.

The section for vaccine info just disappeared out of the check in section of the app. I can't imagine that was an accident. Anyone else seeing the same?