Poll: Just for fun - What is your favorite ship class?

RogerC1

What is your favorite ship class?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite ship class?

• Quantum Class
    • Radiance Class
    • Freedom Class
    • Voyager Class
    • Oasis Class
    • Vision Class

I think of Freedom/Voyager as one and the same since the differences are so marginal (differences have more to do with most recent Refurb than which class each ship belongs to).

Has pretty much all the bells and whistles that O class does.

Both of my O class experiences have been underwhelming so far which is why it doesnt get my vote.

I chose Oasis Class.  We like big ships.  The bigger the better.  I specifically did not choose Quantum Class.  Beautiful huge ships, but without a conventional promenade, they're way down on my list of favorites.  In spite of the size differences, I would choose Freedom  or Voyager over Odyssey, again just because of the Promenades.

16 minutes ago, RogerC1 said:

Two responses in and already have good information! I am newer to Royal and it sounds like I need to check our the Freedom and Voyager classes. Oasis class is so nice but the crowds really are a deterrent.

also an important consideration is if the ship has been Amplified, on Freedom/Voyager Class if make a big difference in my opinion.

I chose Freedom because it's been the best I've been on so far. The Vision class was too small for me personally with a lot less to do even on sea days and while the Quantum was fun in its own way, there was an elegant note to the whole thing that was nice but sometimes not as chill (ie it felt so weird having a brightly decorated door).

I think I would like Voyager as well since it's so similar.

And trying my first Oasis Class in 2 weeks.

Voyager Class used to be my favorite but I think I like Quantum Class best now! I like all the indoor areas, especially the Solarium.

I also loved my cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas which is a Vision Class because it went to some amazing destinations in Greece and the Adriatic. I'm pretty boring while onboard and just like to chill with an ocean view, so whether or not ships have things like water slides or ice skating does not matter to me.

Least favorite is probably Oasis Class because the itineraries aren't very interesting and I prefer to cruise based on port than ship! However, the ships themselves are impressive and I think they're probably the best for many types of cruisers, especially families!

I put down Oasis-class and I'll stand by it if forced to pick just one.

That said, after many years of solely Oasis-class (ignoring Radiance in Alaska b/c that was a very special 18-day land/cruise vacation and I didn't care what ship I was on), we just spent 7 nights on Indy for various reasons, one of which was to see how we'd feel about Freedom class after all these years. We certainly loved Voyager/Freedom class before there was an Oasis.

The experiment was largely successful as for every venue/aspect that was missing on Indy, something else was offered that can't be found on most Oasis-class ships.

1 hour ago, ChessE4 said:

I won't vote for Oasis class until they improve their shows.  But every class has something special to offer.  I like the Centrum in Vision Class, the cinema, pool tables, and chess set in Radiance Class, the promenade in all of the larger classes.

Just wondering what you dislike about the Oasis class shows since you called it out. Everyone has their own preference, but the shows on Oasis class shows seem quite varied. Wonder actually has 3 very different shows running in the Royal Theater as well as an incredible Ice Show and Aqua Show. Not judging, just curious and making plans (and I’ve seen the threads on Cats - I know that that is quite widely disliked).

1 hour ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

It's interesting to see the lack of love for the Quantum class. I'm not a big fan myself but thought they would do a little better in the poll.

We like Quantum as Jr Suites (J1,J2) have both a 1/2 bath and a full bath. Also, Cafe 270, similar to Park Cafe' on Oasis class is in the stern and not as well known. 

I like freedom class a lot, but crowds are always felt and sometimes the cruiser atmosphere is not my cup of tea. If I could do 7+ days on a Freedom class ship, I would rate them way higher. But the 3/4N options give way to a particular type of crowd I don't really want to be bothered with.

I only choose Oasis class because I haven't sailed Quantum yet. Bigger ships have more space and even though they have more pax, you don't feel it as there are more options. Oasis class specialty dining options are also way more plentiful, I couldn't care less about slides and such.

Some really good comments on here. 
If I had to choose I’d go with oasis class because Central Park is my favorite place in any class. Martinis at terrace bar is such a chill experience. 
absolutely loved navigator so I guess I like voyager class especially because of the promenade. 
I liked odyssey mainly because of the seaplex and cafe 270. The lack of promenade was problematic especially  weird was walking thru Izumi while people were dining. 

5 hours ago, FloatyBoaty said:

Just wondering what you dislike about the Oasis class shows since you called it out. Everyone has their own preference, but the shows on Oasis class shows seem quite varied. Wonder actually has 3 very different shows running in the Royal Theater as well as an incredible Ice Show and Aqua Show. Not judging, just curious and making plans (and I’ve seen the threads on Cats - I know that that is quite widely disliked).

The broadway-style shows aren't my cup of tea.  Those shows ruin two nights that on a smaller ship would have been the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers or guest performers.  We found the music too loud in most venues - really loud (Harmony, in particular).  The music in the Centrum on smaller ships was/is a normal (appropriate) volume.  The saving grace for Oasis class would be the intimate concerts in Central Park.  The Aqua Show is good but weather can be a factor causing cancellations, and don't get me started on how the residue on the seats got my pants dirty.  Never had that problem at the theater in smaller vessels.

I am not saying the Oasis class ships are bad, I just wouldn't vote for them on this thread.  Sailing out of Baltimore for several years on the Grandeur, I found the slightly larger ships very refreshing (Radiance and Voyager class) without being overwhelming.  I am not a foodie, so I don't need lots of specialty restaurants.

I am team Quantum for now, but we are taking Mariner to Bermuda in a couple weeks so that could change. We are still in the beginnings of our exploration and have Grandeur and Anthem checked off the list so far. I hear so many great things about Mariner...the next 17 days are going to be rough! We have Odyssey slated for next June and I hope to add a few shorter getaways in between so I may have a more informed opinion in next years poll. lol 

I loved Mariner as she was my first Royal ship but when I sailed her this year she fell into the spot of my least favorite ship. I wish I still loved her; it could have been the people and staying in the front of the ship that ruined her for me. 

I am looking forward to Nav in Sept and Odyssey in Nov.

9 hours ago, SemperMom said:

I am team Quantum for now, but we are taking Mariner to Bermuda in a couple weeks so that could change. We are still in the beginnings of our exploration and have Grandeur and Anthem checked off the list so far. I hear so many great things about Mariner...the next 17 days are going to be rough! We have Odyssey slated for next June and I hope to add a few shorter getaways in between so I may have a more informed opinion in next years poll. lol 

In June on the Mariner we had fun hanging out at Boleros, and Royal rotated bands so that it wasn't just Latin music.  If the music volume gets too loud, there is a table next to Starbucks that faces the band and allows you to sip your drinks while still enjoying the music.  Have a great cruise!

I loved the Oasis class.  So much to do.  Late night Lime and Coconut open till midnight.  There's so much to see and do that we enjoy, we had to book again.  I did enjoy Anthem of the Seas (Quantum class).  Bumper cars and shows were great.  They had alot to do as well and would book again.  

20 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

It appears that Oasis class is still by far the favourite class. Quantum class surprised me with the poor showing. Will be interesting to see how Icon class is received. 

The last cruise I was on for RC I hates the ship, so i didn't vote.  But when looking at RC website Oasis and Freedom are the two classes that catch my eye the most so the poll was interesting to me too.  Quantum to me was not interesting at all.  Getting rid of the ice rink and making it a large gym just seemed like an odd choice.  I wasn't impressed with it from the website and wouldn't book a cruise on it  Oasis just seemed to have better variety with the Boardwalk and Central Park too.

I'm going to say Freedom class, but only because I haven't yet been on an amplified Voyager class. We love Explorer, but we're going on Liberty next month and I think the kids are going to be thrilled with the water slides. We also love Quantum, and Oasis, it's so hard to choose, lol.