~First Timer~ Boarding Question

Pay

Hello again! I’m planning to use my birth certificate and ID to board the ship but realized that obviously my birth certificate is in my maiden name, and I’m married now so my name has been legally changed therefore my ID and cruise reservation is in my married name. Will this cause any issues for me? If so, what do I need to to to prevent issues? Thank you in advance!!

• 6 months later...

Is it actually required to have the divorce papers? We applied for expedited passport renewal, it's been five weeks and application just says in process. We sail on the 12th. We've been scrambling to get paper work, we have my wife's birth certificate. both marriage licences and state ID. We were told by the state where she got her divorce that it would take two weeks at least to get it. So anyone know if it's certain that show would be denied boarding without it? I made a call to Royal and what I was told seemed completely wrong as they said we just needed her marriage certificate and seemed to ignore her previous marriage. 

28 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

Is it actually required to have the divorce papers? We applied for expedited passport renewal, it's been five weeks and application just says in process. We sail on the 12th. We've been scrambling to get paper work, we have my wife's birth certificate. both marriage licences and state ID. We were told by the state where she got her divorce that it would take two weeks at least to get it. So anyone know if it's certain that show would be denied boarding without it? I made a call to Royal and what I was told seemed completely wrong as they said we just needed her marriage certificate and seemed to ignore her previous marriage. 

We are in similar situation with passport renewal and dealing with multiple changes to wife's name.   Let us know how it goes.

What happens if Royal turns you away during embarkation?   Do you lose the cruise fare, get FCC, or something else?

I would bring any legal documents required to explain name changes.  If you didn't change your name following a divorce, it wouldn't be relevant. 

For our previous cruises without a passport, we would bring our marriage license just in case.  They didn't ask to see it in Jan, but we had it.

Passports came in the mail while we were on the cruise.

Well we're bringing everything, but the uncertainty of all this has both my wife and son totally stressed out. My wife is worried she'll be denied and then stuck at Port Canaveral on her own. I've gotten some conflicting answers from Royal but they have all indicate that wed should have the right documents. Fell like the COVID days stressing the test. 

On 3/3/2023 at 9:54 PM, KevinJ said:

Well we're bringing everything, but the uncertainty of all this has both my wife and son totally stressed out. My wife is worried she'll be denied and then stuck at Port Canaveral on her own. I've gotten some conflicting answers from Royal but they have all indicate that wed should have the right documents. Fell like the COVID days stressing the test. 

If her name changed, just bring the paper trail with you.  All the changes needed legal docs - just have those in case they ask.

We sailed with BC out of Port Canaveral in Jan.  Nobody asked for the marriage license, but we had it just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...