Terminal 91 in Seattle

Done

I'm wondering this as well. We sail from there on Quantum on 8/22/22 and I read about the same issues and disorganization.

From what the Port of Seattle website has listed, Ovation and Celebrity Solstice always dock on the same day which may be why there are such problems since the pier area seems very small to have to handle the activity of two LARGE ships embarking/debarking each Friday.

On the other hand, Quantum and two Carnival ships look to have Pier 91 to themselves on embarkation/debarkation days.

12 minutes ago, SPS said:

I'm wondering this as well. We sail from there on Quantum on 8/22/22 and I read about the same issues and disorganization.

From what the Port of Seattle website has listed, Ovation and Celebrity Solstice always dock on the same day which may be why there are such problems since the pier area seems very small to have to handle the activity of two LARGE ships embarking/debarking each Friday.

On the other hand, Quantum and two Carnival ships look to have Pier 91 to themselves on embarkation/debarkation days.

The one tip I did get is to make sure any luggage you are having put onboard is in the custody of Royal Caribbean designated porters.  The bag drop off areas for the different ships are close together.

38 minutes ago, Toby said:

The one tip I did get is to make sure any luggage you are having put onboard is in the custody of Royal Caribbean designated porters.  The bag drop off areas for the different ships are close together.

Right. I had heard somewhere around here that they'll have RC branded ID Badges/Lanyards or possibly shirts/reflective vests.

Honestly, I didn't think it was bad at all.

The biggest piece of advice I can give anyone about this terminal is that ride share and most shuttles can only take you to a certain point at the terminal.  The walk from drop off is NOT bad at all.  I think it took us all but 7 minutes, if that.  If I remember correctly, some shuttles can take you a bit closer to the terminal building, but because of foot traffic, supply truck traffic, and other traffic, I say just walk it.

Also, the bathroom facilities outside the building are limited.  There are 2 bathrooms on the Royal Caribbean side where the line begins.  

If you read any of my posts, once 10:45am rolled around, it took us all but 20 minutes or so before we were on the ship with cocktail in hand.

I was there June 17th for the Ovation.  11:30a check-in time.  We were there at 11:25a.  Line was crazy.  We didn't get onboard until after 1:30p.  I don't know what the issue was.  When we finally got to security and then check-in there were no issues and all stations were fully staffed.  No idea why it took so long.

On 8/4/2022 at 6:16 PM, Sari said:

At least for our August 1st cruise the whole thing went very smoothly. Our check in time was at 11am. It was very organized. My recommendation is to have all your required documentation on hand to avoid delays or issues. 

Our sailing is Sep 9th on OTS, did you encounter any issues or delays with luggage check-in as some have mentioned here?

3 hours ago, robbyc said:

We boarded Quantum on August 8 in Seattle. I think it took 90 minutes in line to get on board.  I suspect - but don’t know - some passengers did not abide by their show time. 
Luggage drop off and delivery was painless. 
Disembarkation and Uber to the airport was easy. 

Can I ask how much an uber from port to the airport ran you? We were looking at the RC shuttle which is around $60 for both of us because my husband is worried it may be difficult to get an Uber with everyone getting off the ship at the same time. 

4 hours ago, Jordyn said:

Can I ask how much an uber from port to the airport ran you? We were looking at the RC shuttle which is around $60 for both of us because my husband is worried it may be difficult to get an Uber with everyone getting off the ship at the same time. 

My lyft xl was around $80 to and almost $100 coming back.  I literally watched the surge pricing kick in as we were waiting for our bags going and getting through customs leaving (I think it was around $60 when I first loaded the app to check both times). 

We did have 4 in our group so it was still cheaper than any shuttle overall.  But if you are only traveling with 2 you might want to look at the shuttles more closely as they might be cheaper.

12 hours ago, Jordyn said:

Some taxis offer a flat rate to the airport.  I walked out of the cruise ship terminal one time and a taxi driver saw me looking up rates on a ride share app.  He offered a flat rate $50 to the airport which was around the same as the rideshare at that moment but it saved me from walking to the rideshare area so I jumped in the cab.  

14 hours ago, Jordyn said:

Another option is the Seattle Express. $20 each for Adults/$15 each for children (under 5) for shuttle service from the Pier to the Airport/Airport Area Hotels.

https://seattleexpress.com/cruise-ship-transfers/

image.png.dd0ffad41dbc1a32ab1a0d2cc682c9a1.png