Refund timing when you are quarantined for COVID on a ship

Hi - Our lovely Alaska B2B cruise (7/1-7/15) resulted in a COVID quarantine on Day 4 of the second week.  Thank goodness we had an amazing first week!  The letter RCL provided to us says we would be refunded within 30 days of the cruise.  I am still within that time frame.  The letter also states I will be reimbursed for hotel and food for the remainder of our quarantine and the receipts, etc. are to be submitted to an RCL email address.

I submitted the receipts and received an acknowledgement email that my email was received (7/18).

I am wondering if anyone else was in this situation, how long did the refunds take and was it as smooth as the letters described? @Matt  

2 hours ago, Funeegal said:

Hi - Our lovely Alaska B2B cruise (7/1-7/15) resulted in a COVID quarantine on Day 4 of the second week.  Thank goodness we had an amazing first week!  The letter RCL provided to us says we would be refunded within 30 days of the cruise.  I am still within that time frame.  The letter also states I will be reimbursed for hotel and food for the remainder of our quarantine and the receipts, etc. are to be submitted to an RCL email address.

I submitted the receipts and received an acknowledgement email that my email was received (7/18).

I am wondering if anyone else was in this situation, how long did the refunds take and was it as smooth as the letters described? @Matt  

I don't have direct experience, but some travelers have reported significant delays.  You might want to search other threads.  If you have a travel agent, I would use that resource for follow-up as needed.

• Matt locked this topic