Finalized Daily Planner

First time cruiser here. Wondering when I can expect the Daily Planner to be finalized in the app? 
We’re less than a week out from sailing. Up until a few days ago, the planner showed two nights offering the iSkate show. And two nights with only game show type options (no large productions or comedy). Now even the iSkate performances have disappeared from the schedule. So it appears there are only game shows available in the evenings. 
Is this typical? Should we be expecting further changes this close to sailing? Or is it possible that iSkate has been canceled, and we’ll only have game shows for the whole cruise?

Everyone is spot on. About a week before we sailed people in our party got excited and where looking at the planner and then I pointed out that it was showing things for Fathers day which had already passed. I am not sure the rhyme or reason when it starts to show you the things in the calendar but they are usually not correct and very hit or miss. The day we boarded everything showed up in full detail.

1 hour ago, CruizIan said:

Everyone is spot on. About a week before we sailed people in our party got excited and where looking at the planner and then I pointed out that it was showing things for Fathers day which had already passed. I am not sure the rhyme or reason when it starts to show you the things in the calendar but they are usually not correct and very hit or miss. The day we boarded everything showed up in full detail.

That is so random. I feel like I am learning more and more that RC doesn’t exactly have their act together. lol 

In my limited experience, I found that once on board the ship the Daily Planner was fully populated. AND it has some great features such as - if you click on a show/performance/performer in the first place you see it, it will show you all of the other times it is occurring during your cruise, which really helps make decisions (I’m sure it is not that way for every watch sale/jewelry event, but I wasn’t looking at those)! I found the only times things were NOT happening that were listed in the daily planner was when it was totally out of their control. Example: We got into some very bad weather and of course the Aqua Show & outdoor pool parties had to be cancelled. BUT they moved what they could indoors and added more activities in the Promenade. In that case, you had to hear the Cruise Director’s announcements. I felt that they did everything they could to keep us informed and entertained.

12 hours ago, FloatyBoaty said:

In my limited experience, I found that once on board the ship the Daily Planner was fully populated. AND it has some great features such as - if you click on a show/performance/performer in the first place you see it, it will show you all of the other times it is occurring during your cruise, which really helps make decisions 

We experienced this very differently early in the cruise. When we clicked on the 9:30 show time, it shows up as 7:15 (the early show). Try to reserve the 9:30 and it goes onto your calendar as 7:15. Sometimes it got corrected on the day of the show, but not always.

15 hours ago, ShugrGrl55 said:

That is so random. I feel like I am learning more and more that RC doesn’t exactly have their act together. lol 

Royal has always had issues with their Apps and Websites unfortunately. I don't know if they outsource it or what but the functionality can be spotty I have always found. On the same cruise I was referencing about the planner showing up properly the day that we boarded, my app was the only one you could not access the account feature. So everyone could look at their bar purchases and such and mine was not even a button in the app it was just gone. Good thing it is just an app for convenience on vacation so I usually just leave my phone in the room and let my wife do the planning. 

I have found that the cruise planner items appear on day one. But, as already noted, things can change…and they frequently do.
Many times there have been cancellations of entire shows due to someone in the production getting Covid. Then the entire production team, including the performers, may have to quarantine. Or, in the case of the Aqua Theater shows, bad weather can cause cancellations and rescheduling. But they always manage to provide some replacement. Some guest performers will pick up the slack and fill in with shows which include them expanding their song choices. Or the comedian/s will do more routines different from their usual offerings. Sometimes if the headline show has been cancelled, but not all of the performers are quarantined, they’ll put together a showcase act.
When these things happen, they try to update the cruise planner app as soon as possible to show the changes. Also, the Cruise Director will make an announcement…usually more than once.
That’s one of the main reasons that I really try to not miss any of the announcements. In the past, they were mostly reminders about upcoming events and sales…but during these particular times, the announcements can include entertainment changes that I would really want to know about. I also refresh my app frequently. Due diligence!😎