Quantum Itinerary Change

Jordyn

We are sailing on Quantum on August 22nd. We were just informed we will be going to Ketchikan instead of Icy Strait Point and skipping Endicott Arms and Dawes Glacier. However, our compensation is only $100 (balcony room). Wondering why the earlier August sailings are getting full days’ fare per person in cruise credit but our sailing is not? 

Ketchikan is a great addition to your itinerary!

Endicott/Dawes is a 4 hour (at best) stop inside the strait and for viewing only.  Although we LOVED the Dawes Glacier because we were early risers and sat at the outdoor seating of the Windjammer to view while eating, another port day might have been cool too.  Too many people complained on the Endicott/Dawes day because by the time they woke up, we were already leaving the strait. LOL

18 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

Ketchikan is a great addition to your itinerary!

Endicott/Dawes is a 4 hour (at best) stop inside the strait and for viewing only.  Although we LOVED the Dawes Glacier because we were early risers and sat at the outdoor seating of the Windjammer to view while eating, another port day might have been cool too.  Too many people complained on the Endicott/Dawes day because by the time they woke up, we were already leaving the strait. LOL

I am looking forward to Ketchikan! We know we will be seeing Mendenhall glacier as well so we are still happy! 

On 8/3/2022 at 9:02 AM, Jordyn said:

This wasnt meant as a complaint about Quantum. It was just a question about previous information provided. 

We are happy with whatever itinerary RC takes us on. We have never been to Alaska anyway, so anything is a first/new experience. 

I'm on the August 1st sailing and like you this is my first time in Alaska. I loved Ketchichan, we went to the Rainforest Sanctuary and saw eagles and bears close by. Yes, I was disappointed on not visiting the glaciers, but many cruises have not been able to go neither because of the intense fog. We didn't cancel because it has already been canceled 3 times (1 pandemic, 1 Singapore and 1 Covid) and I was like "I'm going no matter what". So, enjoy the breathtaking views and have an amazing trip.

On 8/8/2022 at 5:04 PM, grant said:

Quantum should drop Skagway for safety reasons and go to Icy Straight Point which was originally scheduled and then cancelled on August and September dates.

Honestly have been waiting for this to happen. Just because I know other cruise lines have dropped Skagway from their itinerary out of concerns for safety. We have the train booked as well but I have heard it’s completely shut down for the season because of the rockslides. Not sure if this is accurate. Royal hasnt said anything and hasnt cancelled the excursion yet