Brightline: Will you?

PRC

Brightline (Florida high speed rail) will start operations later this year between Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and West Palm.  Phase two (likely 2018) will extend northward up to the Orlando Airport (MCO).  It will be a three hour trip from Miami to Orlando or vise-versa.  There is also a stop being planned here in Brevard County, just south of Port Canaveral (and just north of me!)  They are currently targeting 4 trips per day from each end.

While Canaveral is a 20 minute drive for me, I think this is going to be great for getting to Port Miami and Port Everglades!

Any one else considering this?

I would take it as flying from San Diego to Orlando is usually much cheaper for me and there are more affordable direct flights than to either Miami or Fort Lauderdale.  In fact, this December, I'll be renting a car to do just this as we need to be in Orlando after our cruise for an event and one-way rentals to Orlando are harder to find than from Orlando.