Best place for martini - Freedom

I sail on Friday (I'm so excited) on Freedom. I've never sailed on Freedom before, and I'm wondering if anyone here might have some advice about which bar(s) tend to make the best gin and/or vodka martinis and a great classic manhattan. I'm not a big fan of super sweet drinks, so I'm hoping to find a bar or two that make really great classics. Thanks so much!!

10 minutes ago, dandi799 said:

Completely agree! At least the DBP makes it less painful to walk away from one that I don't like! 😃

This. And since you have the DBP, you might as well just pick one based on location, ambiance, or out of a hat and start there.

Lovely view in the Viking Crown if you want a random suggestion based on that.

Pay attention to who’s making your drink so you can go back to them specifically when you get the perfect drink. My last trip on Oasis I had both one of the best Cosmopolitans and the absolute worst ever in the same bar. Same with a Bourbon Sidecar (one of the waiters, though such a sweetheart & super hard worker, was really really not good at cocktails and kinda knew it. He was so worried about how my Cosmo was “because people don’t think he makes a good one” that I had to fib.) DBP to the rescue!

7 hours ago, Patchy said:

I think the Viking Lounge on Freedom is such an underutilized space!   Great views up there.

Yep, didn't spend much time in its Indy counterpart but every time I passed through on my way to the DL it was pretty empty (except when there was a private event going on).

8 hours ago, Patchy said:

I think the Viking Lounge on Freedom is such an underutilized space!   Great views up there.   I agree with finding a bartender that you like.  

The Viking Crown Lounge used to be a big deal. Now, there are so many other bars with live entertainment (not to mention other things to do on the bigger ships) that VCL is no longer "special" because it's often only open at night (thus no benefit from the amazing views).

I use the area as a quiet place to get away from the crowds these days.