Giovanni's Italian Lunch- First timer questions

CruzOnBye

We have never purchased a dining option on any of our cruises- we always opt for the free food haha. But we are going on Odyssey in December and my husband and I love trying new pizza so I saw the Lunch is on sale for Giovanni's for our sailing and figured perfect time to try! 

I know this blog is a judge free zone...hope it stays that way for what I'm about to ask....LOL.

Are the pizzas on the menu by slice, or like they bring you a whole pizza? If whole, are we talkin like a medium size or large size?

Do you know if they will let you take a pizza to go like after you've sat there and eaten your lunch/dinner? Like if we really are itching for a cheese but I want pep later- can I take a pizza to go?

And I love chicken parm like nobody's business so I'm worried I will indulge in the amazing apps and chix parm and want pizza later LOL.

Thank you!

P.s. if you're on a December cruise on Odyssey and see a 5' woman running out with multiple pizzas and a giant meatball to-go....just let me live my life! 😄

Pizza Party GIF by The Infatuation

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I want to add you can take food to go, so taking a pizza would not be out of the question.

I have Giovanni's scheduled for a dinner as a treat to my friends and family on Odyssey in Nov. I know we will each get our own pizza and I am sure I will be carrying most of mines back to my room for a snack later😝

This makes me so happy!!

We had lunch at Giovanni's this Feb. Excellent food and service. The view, however, was lacking. If you are seated next to a window or in the middle of the restaurant and look outside, all you will see is the bottom of the lifeboats. You can sit just outside the restaurant and people watch as you eat. 😎

I took my leftover pizza from Giovanni's Kitchen on Freedom with no questions asked. They put it on a plate and wrapped it in plastic for me.  Later on I saw they had boxes, so not sure why they didn't think about that earlier on but who knows 😂 I enjoyed eating the pizza later on that evening; even cold it was still great.

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I took my leftover pizza from Giovanni's Kitchen on Freedom with no questions asked. They put it on a plate and wrapped it in plastic for me.  Later on I saw they had boxes, so not sure why they didn't think about that earlier on but who knows 😂 I enjoyed eating the pizza later on that evening; even cold it was still great.

Not me walking out with a dozen pizza boxes and heading to the Solarium for a peaceful midnight treat after exhausting my Deluxe Bev Package 🤣🤣

16 hours ago, CruzOnBye said:

Not me walking out with a dozen pizza boxes and heading to the Solarium for a peaceful midnight treat after exhausting my Deluxe Bev Package 🤣🤣

Pro tip: if you're ever not on a ship with a Giovannis Kitchen, the room service pizzas come in boxes as well...the $7.95 service fee (free if in a suite!) is worth it as you can order as many as you like 😉