Falmouth Jamaica Taxi Service

Alicia Landin

This will be my first time to Falmouth and none of the excursions seem to be what we're looking for.  We don't need an accessible excursion but mobility and walking is a big issue for our party.  I do know from researching that Falmouth isn't a place to explore outside the gates by ourselves. I've looked at maybe just staying in the port and I see there are trolleys and taxi stations in the port, are any of these reliable and has anyone used these?  Maybe just having someone drive around to see the sights? Thanks! 

Jamaica is a place where I'd want to stick to providers screened by Royal or some other well-known travel organization. (High unemployment/crime rate.)  We did take an excursion that drove us to a scenic mountain site and also took us to a shopping venue.  We spent most of our time on a bus.  I don't know what is available right now, but most ports offer a drive-around excursion.

I'm saying this as an adventure traveler, someone who grew up in Africa and frequents various developing (and not-so-developing) countries, and...well...blends in in Jamaica. Falmouth isn't someplace I would just grab a taxi unless you really know what you're doing, and even then, expect to be taken for a ride as an obvious tourist. Find a private charter vehicle instead, not a taxi on the street. 

9 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

Jamaica is a place where I'd want to stick to providers screened by Royal or some other well-known travel organization. (High unemployment/crime rate.)  We did take an excursion that drove us to a scenic mountain site and also took us to a shopping venue.  We spent most of our time on a bus.  I don't know what is available right now, but most ports offer a drive-around excursion.

Thank you!  I'll look at the excursions again.  

3 hours ago, Zacharius said:

I'm saying this as an adventure traveler, someone who grew up in Africa and frequents various developing (and not-so-developing) countries, and...well...blends in in Jamaica. Falmouth isn't someplace I would just grab a taxi unless you really know what you're doing, and even then, expect to be taken for a ride as an obvious tourist. Find a private charter vehicle instead, not a taxi on the street. 

Thank you! 

We were there in April 2019 and due to go back April 2020 but Covid canceled that and moved to next month. When we were there in 2019 we took a shuttle bus to Montego Bay and I do believe it was in the port where they ran the shuttles. Enjoyed walking the shoreline and dining in MB and caught the bus/shuttle back with no issues. Perhaps we were fortunate.