Overnight stay in Cabo. Curfew?

BigKarl

I'm going to be on Navigator of the Seas for the overnight Cabo cruise in September.  I'd like to know this as well. It's a tender so I have a feeling you either get back on the ship by a certain time or you are staying out until morning.

My booking confirmation says arrival 12:30 PM and departure 8 PM for the first day. The second day just says departure at 12:30 PM. Arrival is blank. I feel like we're getting shorted the second day. Also not clear if you can stay out the first day and when you can get back on the ship the second day? Some have said the ship sails away and comes back. More shopping and gambling for people onboard?

By the way, when you book the website says:

3 - 4
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
From 12:30 PM - 8:00 PM

Confusing? Misleading?

On 8/1/2022 at 8:43 PM, BigKarl said:

I have been sailing for 35 years and have never had an overnight stay in a port until now.  Is there a Curfew to board the ship on the first night in port?

There is no curfew.  We had an over night in Venice and you could return and leave when you ever wanted.  It is the same a hotel.  Security was there to check you off and back on the entire time.

I think Cabo would be the same. 

I'll be on that Cabo cruise and there is still a lot of confusion. It's the first overnight for the Navigator, so we are the guinea pigs. I keep hearing the last tender will be around 7:30pm of the first night in Cabo. You can spend the night in Cabo. The next day says we leave at 12:30 in the afternoon. It does make Day 2 in Cabo basically worthless.

I'm on the Navigator on the 18th of September (Overnight Cabo) and I'm ready to go ahead and book a room at a local resort for the night to get more time in Cabo with less headache. The idea of possibly having to wait in line for a tender/coming back at 8pm or similar and then having to wait in line to get out early on day 2 is not very appealing.

How long would it take to tender 3000+ people anyway?

8 hours ago, mikepatr said:

I'm on the Navigator on the 18th of September (Overnight Cabo) and I'm ready to go ahead and book a room at a local resort for the night to get more time in Cabo with less headache. The idea of possibly having to wait in line for a tender/coming back at 8pm or similar and then having to wait in line to get out early on day 2 is not very appealing.

How long would it take to tender 3000+ people anyway?

How long it takes is directly a function of how many tenders are running.  Navigator can only use shore based tenders so it will be a matter of how many boats the local tender company operates.  

It doesn't look like there are any other ships in port so in theory Navigator has all of them if the local tender company chooses to use them all.  

• 4 weeks later...