if you have been completely vaccinated do you have to have had the booster also??

U.S. sailings are no, but here is the guidance if you are travelling out of Europe:

Vaccination
All guests 12 and older must show documentation of their full vaccination given at least 14 days before sailing (not counting your sail date). For the best European experience, we recommend guests be up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccination. To be considered up-to-date: - guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and their booster if the second vaccine dose was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago - their vaccine dose must be on the list of EMA approved vaccines

33 minutes ago, Bradinmississippi said:

We are sailing out of Barcelona. We have to be boosted to meet the requirements 

I do not believe that Is correct. 
being boosted changes your testing requirement, but it is not required to be boosted to sail.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof#europe

On 8/1/2022 at 3:17 PM, Pattycruise said:

I do not believe that Is correct. 
being boosted changes your testing requirement, but it is not required to be boosted to sail.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof#europe

True you do not have to be boosted, but you must have your lasted shot within 270 days, I was outside that requirement and had to get a booster. At least that was the requirement when I got my booster

Sailing out of Rome you do not need a booster BUT if you want to get off, there are a handful of countries that require testing to get off the ship in port. However I expect that may change soon in the written protocols. They already are not testing on odyssey if you’re not boosted. 

8 hours ago, SeniorCruiser said:

Boosters would be a personal choice. I chose to get 2 boosters due to an underlying health condition, but they are not mandatory.

As mentioned above the rules In Europe are different as a timescale is involved for those that have received vaccine. 

To be considered as fully vaccinated your 2nd dose cannot be more than 270 days old, if it is you are considered as unvaccinated.

For these people the only way to be considered as fully vaccinated is to get the booster.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:33 AM, llatiolais said:

If I have had both vaccination injections, do I also have to have had the booster to be considered completely vaccinated?

The only two terms used are “full/fully” and “up to date.” Royal considers the base course (i.e. without booster) of a vaccine to be “full” vaccination. “Up to date” is a changing definition. As of right now, they consider it with one booster but in the future it could mean two boosters or the upcoming Omicron booster or a booster within a certain period of time or even a base vaccine close enough to the sailing.

As of right now, for a vaccinated person, you are required (vs. recommended) to be fully vaccinated (no booster) but it gets complicated depending on which vaccine and where you are sailing from/to.

Just to be clear, do you mean fully vaccinated when you say completely vaccinated? Where are you sailing from/to? Which vaccine(s) are you referring to? Without that info people are going to give you all kinds of answers that might be correct but incomplete.