Chops grill

What's the price of 3 night or 5 night dining package on your sailing? They usually price the single night high to get people to buy the multi night packages. For instance on my sailing it $65 for one night and comes down to $40 with the 3 night package, and lower to $37 if I buy the 5 night.

10 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

$99 a night/person for a 7 day?  THAT IS AWESOME!

I called them twice now and asked if this was a mistake.  The person on the phone thanked me and said that they would send it on two weeks ago but it is still listed today?

22 hours ago, Cruise sheep said:

When did chops grill become so expensive? $77.00 pp😲

While I agree that it seems pricey, when you take the average cost of a decent steak house, $77 is not bad.

Here are 2 examples:

Outback (I do not enjoy this place):

Shrimp on the Barbie appetizer = $12

Caesar Salad = $11

Ribeye Steak = $26.50

Sides (Asparagus, Creamed Spinach, and Fries) = $15

Cheesecake = $7

TOTAL = $71.50 plus tax

Prime Steak (Bellagio - MY FAV):

Shrimp Cocktail = $30

Caesar Salad = $22

Ribeye = $85

Sides (Asparagus, Creamed Spinach, and Fries) = 58

Desserts = $???

TOTAL (without dessert) = $195 plus tax

12 minutes ago, BigKarl said:

I called them twice now and asked if this was a mistake.  The person on the phone thanked me and said that they would send it on two weeks ago but it is still listed today?

You are a good man BigKarl.  You did your due diligence, say no more and enjoy the price now. Gorge yourself on steaks LOL

@BigKarl That was one of the cruises that got changed to a 7n from a 4n. I believe CP hasn't updated the price to reflect that. But good on you for doing your due diligence. If it is advertised, then they need to honor the price. 

Also, yes, the cost of specialty dining needs to be put in perspective. I would say $77 is too much but that may also be the cost for a large Chicago style deep dish, 1 app and drinks. I don't think getting one specialty dinner alone is worth imho when cruising, I would opt for Chops+1 or at least a 3N dining package. Often times the price difference is less than $20/30 and you get 1 or 2 more dining options. 

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@BigKarl That was one of the cruises that got changed to a 7n from a 4n. I believe CP hasn't updated the price to reflect that. But good on you for doing your due diligence. If it is advertised, then they need to honor the price. 

Also, yes, the cost of specialty dining needs to be put in perspective. I would say $77 is too much but that may also be the cost for a large Chicago style deep dish, 1 app and drinks. I don't think getting one specialty dinner alone is worth imho when cruising, I would opt for Chops+1 or at least a 3N dining package. Often times the price difference is less than $20/30 and you get 1 or 2 more dining options. 

You are correct and I can clearly tell by looking at the excursions.  They have not been corrected either as it shows on day 4 I can get an excursion to Rodeo Drive on the day we are in Mazatlan LOL 🙂 

16 minutes ago, JDiggs84 said:

I just got off harmony a few days ago and it was not even that much for chops on board. On my cruise planner it was like $54.99pp.

They will usually have some lunch and dinner specials on board. I have gotten lunch at Jamie's and Chops for a good price.