Ship change (Adventure/Voyager)

As I've stated many times, I'm a planner, so I am working on planning out our next (second for all of us) cruise in June. We booked Voyager, but I see we are going to be moved to Adventure. https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/07/28/royal-caribbean-redeploys-cruise-ships-2023-2024-cruise-season-due-new-speed

In the past, when they do these ship changes, how long does it usually take to get the new reservation? My reservation is still showing Voyager. My big concern is if they will change the actual ports/dates as I'm already starting to figure excursions out. 

Thanks all. 

We are also on a B2B changing from VY to AD.  My TA said that they will not be shifting us over to AD until some time after 8-18.  They are already actively selling the second half of our AD B2B so not sure how this is going to go but Royal has a bad history of not securing the cabins from the old sailing before commencing bookings for the new sailing….so I’m a bit uncomfortable with the switch-over at the moment.

I was booked for the 6/3/22 on Voyager to the Eastern Caribbean. Not only can I not find that sailing for the Adventure yet, but my cruise planner is showing a 5 night out of Galveston on Voyager still. I'm hoping they just haven't finished making changes yet. Anyone else with the same issue? =/

Mel

12 minutes ago, Melbae9 said:

I was booked for the 6/3/22 on Voyager to the Eastern Caribbean. Not only can I not find that sailing for the Adventure yet, but my cruise planner is showing a 5 night out of Galveston on Voyager still. I'm hoping they just haven't finished making changes yet. Anyone else with the same issue? =/

Mel

Yes, it's a temporary mess. Though not unexpected when they do a ship swap

18 minutes ago, Melbae9 said:

Mel

Hi, cruise buddy. See you in June! 

15 minutes ago, Melbae9 said:

Mel

Assume that is 2023?  

Mine was same way for two on Voyager now showing 5 nights from Galveston.  I chose to cancel as I had refundable bookings.  Adventure is a fine ship, sailed her in February from Galveston and really had a good time, but I was sailing Voyager for the ship and am looking at other options to get on her.  I have no issues with Adventure, lots of good memories over the years.  

Give it a few weeks.  I'm sure it will straighten out.  

I'm not necessarily mad.. just a little bummed. Certainly seems like nothing they can do about the situation. We booked the trip with a specific room preference not available on Adventure (forward JR suite). My only real concern aside from the obvious is that the email stated we have until 8/18 to potentially receive a full refund.. I'm just hoping we have timely notifications to consider changes is all. 

3 hours ago, Ubiquitous Cruiser said:

Had a Balcony GTY on Voyager & it transferred right away - one and only time booking GTY, so it probably worked out for us this time.

You are saying that your cruise planner on RCCL is showing the new sailing with the same cabin? I don’t know of anyone who has been transferred that shows anything beyond that the original has been cancelled. Could you clarify?

(Our sailings show two ways - one shows as cancelled, one doesn’t, neither show a transfer as below)

3D46AC94-11BB-4F1B-AA04-6844A35D6E59.jpeg

15 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

You are saying that your cruise planner on RCCL is showing the new sailing with the same cabin? I don’t know of anyone who has been transferred that shows anything beyond that the original has been cancelled. Could you clarify?

(Our sailings show two ways - one shows as cancelled, one doesn’t, neither show a transfer as below)

3D46AC94-11BB-4F1B-AA04-6844A35D6E59.jpeg

Well, I must've dreamed it, or it changed. The app is showing the original booking - Voyager and GTY. 

My 3/29/2024 Voyager cruise that is getting moved to Adventure shows a different itinerary now for that date.. (if it is being booked as a new cruise) I know our email said the ports would stay the same but that doesn't seem accurate as this is a new listing for Adventure. 

2 hours ago, DarinM said:

My 3/29/2024 Voyager cruise that is getting moved to Adventure shows a different itinerary now for that date.. (if it is being booked as a new cruise) I know our email said the ports would stay the same but that doesn't seem accurate as this is a new listing for Adventure. 

Which ship shows a different itinerary? I think the ships are still showing the original itineraries as they haven’t been switched over yet. That is at least the case with the two we have that will be transferred.

2 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

Which ship shows a different itinerary? I think the ships are still showing the original itineraries as they haven’t been switched over yet. That is at least the case with the two we have that will be transferred.

My 5 day aug 26, 2023 galveston sailing on adventure has changed to a 7 day ft. Lauderdale sailing on adventure.  At least that's what the cruise planner currently shows. 

17 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

Adventure now has Port Canaveral itineraries for sale for spring of 2024. They were selling stuff out of Galveston for those dates before the switch announcement. I'm not concerned as 2024 is a long ways away and either itinerary original or potential new is fine with us. EDIT: Shipmate has now updated Adventure to Port Canaveral and the NEW itinerary that I see is available for booking at RC. Nothing been updated on my side either in the planner or the app.

1 hour ago, DarinM said:

Adventure now has Port Canaveral itineraries for sale for spring of 2024. They were selling stuff out of Galveston for those dates before the switch announcement. I'm not concerned as 2024 is a long ways away and either itinerary original or potential new is fine with us. EDIT: Shipmate has now updated Adventure to Port Canaveral and the NEW itinerary that I see is available for booking at RC. Nothing been updated on my side either in the planner or the app.

We were on a b2b Christmas/New Year’s cruise, so all we want is the dates not to change at this point (and to keep the same panoramic suite for both legs). 🤞🏼

1 hour ago, AlohaLivin said:

We were on a b2b Christmas/New Year’s cruise, so all we want is the dates not to change at this point (and to keep the same panoramic suite for both legs). 🤞🏼

Agree.  I really don’t care about ports-of-call.   My guess is those would have changed anyway as Puerto Plata, DR is a fairly unreliable port.  Most likely that one, at a minimum, will change.  As long as we get to keep our rooms, I’ll be good.

So we're currently 8 days out from having to make a decision. My once 7 night eastern on the VOS/FLL still says 5 night western out of Galveston. Do I call Royal today? Will the agents even be able to help? I was optimistic a few days ago when the actual cruise was updated, but my reservation has yet to budge. Advise? I work a lot between now and decision day.. just hoping to get things wrapped up. =/