B2B on european cruises

We do a short cruise on Wonder of the Seas from Rome to Barcelona, followed by the transatlantic cruise. Some friends then will join us in Barcelona.

I've only done B2Bs on Caribbean cruises before, were we had to leave the ship, do immigration and then could go back on the ship a while later.

Since we're cruising in the Schengen area this time, I was wondering how they handle B2Bs there. Can we just stay on board or will we have to get off and reboard as well?

Anyone has experience with this?

Oh, another related question just came to mind. If I want to make dining reservations for the TA, can I do those already during the previous cruise? First thing in the morning when we arrive in Barcelona or only once boarding for the TA has started?

We did a B2B on Jewel of the Seas in 2017, both Rome round trip...and we did B2B 2019 on Celebrity Reflection, both out of Amsterdam.

Both times, we did NOT have to leave the ship.  Merely got the new cards, went down to the check-in terminals and checked out with the first leg cards and checked back in with the second leg cards

On the dining question, we've made ALL of our dining reservations for FIVE of our SIX upcoming cruises (Aug 5 on Vision, Aug 19 on Celebrity Summit, April 30 on Symphony of the Seas and two in March/April 2024 on Celebrity Millennium ALREADY...on the RCCL and Celebrity websites.  On each of those five cruises, the ability to make dining reservations showed up on the Cruise Planner several months in advance...

Thanks, good to know we can stay onboard!

I know about making regular dining reservations ahead of time online, but we bought the 5 Night Dining package, were you get to make a temporary reservation at the time of purchase, but the final reservations can only be done once onboard. That‘t why I‘m asking what the earliest time is to do reservations onboard.

I do many B2B cruises.  Usually internationally you do not have get off whip.  I am doing another B2B in Sept out of Venice, Italy.  (actually port is Ravenna).

Sometimes to make my dining reservations I have to wait until first day on new cruise, but you can do them early before people even get on.   Sometimes they will let me make them the night before.  Depends on who you talk to.  Might want to chummy up to one of the desk people at one restaurants and give him/her a tip on the first cruise!  

Thanks! Ravenna is not very well known touristically, but is a wonderful town. If you have some time pre-cruise, try to visit!

I'm usually pretty good with talking to the Maître d's, so I'll try to get to know him on the 3 nights before arriving in Barcelona. I'll also want to convince him to get us a nice table for 8 near a window for the TA 🙂 Then at least it is money well spent. Don't see a point in tipping the Maître d' if he just shows up at the end of the meals for some small talk.