Questions on Drinks?

Laray

My husband and I are looking forward to our first RC cruise, beginning November 26th out of Port Canaveral.   We have purchased the (alcohol) drinks package.  Can you get a drink and leave the bar with it?   If so, can you take a drink into the library?  (we are more on the quiet side, and would enjoy a glass of wine while reading or playing a board game in the library if allowed)   We also look forward to enjoying drinks on our balcony, and hope we can do so without ordering from room service. (I know you can bring two bottles of wine on board, but as we have purchased the drinks package, don't intend to do that)  I understand that you can only purchase one drink per person at a time.  If we are allowed to take drinks out of the bar--could one of us take both sea pass cards to a bar and purchase two drinks, one for each of us, or do we both have to go together?   Thanks so much for your help.

49 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

Yes, to all of your questions! You can take your drinks anywhere on the ship and I’ve never had a problem grabbing a drink for both of us. There has been a time or two I’ve been able to without my husband’s sea pass card because it’s in their computer.

Only restriction is glass by the pool, they will transfer your drink to a plastic glass should you head poolside.

1 hour ago, Mike.s said:

Only restriction is glass by the pool, they will transfer your drink to a plastic glass should you head poolside.

Adding to this...

Some venues, like The Bamboo Room, might use specialty glassware. In those instances they'd prefer to keep those glasses within the venue. So if you do plan on taking a drink from one of these venues it would be polite to give notice.

If it the beverage of choice is wine, not really an issue. However, a Urban Martini from 150 Central Park served "chiller bowl" style may have them swap glassware.

Here is some advice to get the best out of your drink and quiet.  I like to find quiet and read a good book.

1. There are lots of quite places on the cruise.
    1. One of my favorites is the solarium.  It is an adult only place that has lounger chairs, couches and sleeper to look out the glass at the sea going by.
    2. There are bars that are not used very much and are very quiet.  Most of the ships have a wine bar that is quiet.
    3. If you walk the medium decks (like deck 5) that has walking outside, you will find places to set outdoors and enjoy the sea and it will be quiet.
  2. For the first few days when you head to your room stop by a bar and get a water to take to your room.  Before you know it, you will have extra bottles of water for night and early in the morning.
  3. You can take your drinks almost anywhere like they have said above.  If you stop by and have a drink before dinner don't worry about taking that drink to dinner.
  4. If you are full at the end of dinner you can order your desert to go.  They will give you your desert in a plate with a cover to take to your room for a late-night snack.
  5. According to my son, the last thing you do at night is stop by the pizza place and take pizza back to your room for a late-night snack.

7 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Adding to this...

Some venues, like The Bamboo Room, might use specialty glassware. In those instances they'd prefer to keep those glasses within the venue. So if you do plan on taking a drink from one of these venues it would be polite to give notice.

If it the beverage of choice is wine, not really an issue. However, a Urban Martini from 150 Central Park served "chiller bowl" style may have them swap glassware.

I love the Urban Martini at 150 Central Park.  We go there just to have a drink sometimes, no reservations needed

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, SheilaR said:

re there drink packages for children ages 3, 7,& 8  cheaper? Cost? 

Yes, there are soda packages and the refreshment package. Just so you know, kids don't need a drink package. THere's plenty of complimentary drinks for them

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/08/11/first-time-cruisers-what-drinks-are-included-your-royal-caribbean-cruise

4 hours ago, SheilaR said:

What is the current daily cost for adult drink package? 

It varies, but expect somewhere between $60 - $90.00  per guest, per night

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 11:38 AM, wheels_967 said:

We bought the delux drink package which includes a refillable coke tumbler.  Is this a thermal tumbler? Ie: will getting this remove needing to bring a yeti cup from home?

If you purchase any of the beverage packages (Deluxe, Refreshment, or Classic Soda) you get a 17oz plastic souvenir cup from Royal, which you can use on the few Coca-Cola freestyle machines onboard; you don’t need the cup if you want to get a soda from a bar or restaurant, as the package is activated on your account.

You can bring your own cup and ask a bartender to fill it or transfer the mixed drink on it, but you won’t be able to pour soda from the Freestyle machine.

Personally, I like stainless steel cups because they help avoid sweaty cups and ice melting, which happens a lot when you get your drink served in royal’s glasses, because popular bars are so crowded that glasses come directly from the dishwasher (hot) and the ice used melts fast.

I always bring my own tumbler, and while it may seem like a hassle to carry it around, when I don’t have it with me I’m always end up needing it.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:42 AM, Laray said:

My husband and I are looking forward to our first RC cruise, beginning November 26th out of Port Canaveral.   We have purchased the (alcohol) drinks package.  Can you get a drink and leave the bar with it?   If so, can you take a drink into the library?  (we are more on the quiet side, and would enjoy a glass of wine while reading or playing a board game in the library if allowed)   We also look forward to enjoying drinks on our balcony, and hope we can do so without ordering from room service. (I know you can bring two bottles of wine on board, but as we have purchased the drinks package, don't intend to do that)  I understand that you can only purchase one drink per person at a time.  If we are allowed to take drinks out of the bar--could one of us take both sea pass cards to a bar and purchase two drinks, one for each of us, or do we both have to go together?   Thanks so much for your help.

Here's a question adjacent to yours: Did you go to the library and do they have board game such as chess and manopoly?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 5:45 PM, wheels_967 said:

Here's a question adjacent to yours: Did you go to the library and do they have board game such as chess and manopoly?

I’m on voyager of the seas now (3/24/23). There are puzzles and many people use the library to my surprise.  It’s a great place to chill. I didn’t not find many games.. no chess or monopoly  if you like to play a game I suggest bringing your own.