Drink Package

Technically you can only get canned cokes when you have the Deluxe Beverage Package.  If you don’t want to carry around the plastic cup (which I totally understand) you can get a fountain drink at any bar or restaurant with the refreshment package.  Will they ever give you a canned soda if all you have is the refreshment package ?  Yes, sometimes but they are only required to provide you with fountain drinks.  Sometimes it’s just easier for them to give you a can.

My brother in law doesn't drink alcohol and always gets the non alcoholic package. He gets diet coke at every venue or restaurant at no cost and i've never seen him use the souvenir cup. They are super accommodating.  But then again I think he gets the package that includes coffee and everything non alcoholic and not just the soda package, which isn't much more $ than the soda package. But from my observation they are pretty cool about soda.

Well, the Soda package is usually a fixed $8.99, the Refreshment Package, where you also can get Mocktails, shakes and coffee, starts at $18 if you can find a super rare promotion, but usually it's at least $26 or more per day. (Plus 18% gratuitie). So I wouldn't say the refreshment package isn't much more than the soda package.

With the classic soda package the bars will fill one of their own glasses with coke, diet coke or sprite.

If you're not on a ship that has a Freestyle machine (better bang for you buck in my opinion) and you are already stating you don't want to carry around the cup, you might do better to take advantage of bringing soda onboard.

"Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted."

• 2 months later...