Official 2018-2019 deployment tracking thread

Matt

We booked a Panoramic for the Alaska group cruise. Wanted an aft corner balcony but they currently require 3 guest. Hoping Annette can work some MEI magic, but if not we will enjoy the views from our fwd cabin on deck 12.

Mei is holding Aft corner balcony 6688 for the Alaska GC for us. We also booked deck 10 aft JS and decided to keep that so we will be releasing 6688 today. IDK if that had a 3 people minimum but thought I'd give you the heads up. Stephanie H is handling our reservation so if the TAs wanted to coordinate not loosing this to the general population.

Is it true that Freedom is replacing Adventure in San Juan?.

Am so gutted that my favourite ship is leaving San Juan my favourite cruise port.

Hopefully she comes back to Southhampton again.

I actually had Adventure in my radar for January 2019 from San Juan because of the itinerary and upgrades. Kind of a bummer unless they're going to do to Freedom what they've done to Liberty.

I actually had Adventure in my radar for January 2019 from San Juan because of the itinerary and upgrades. Kind of a bummer unless they're going to do to Freedom what they've done to Liberty.

I also had it on my radar for August 2018.  Was looking forward to being on that ship, now anxious for what the rest of the San Juan sailings look like.

I also had it on my radar for August 2018.  Was looking forward to being on that ship, now anxious for what the rest of the San Juan sailings look like.

I am kind of excited to see Adventure take over the 6nt/8nt itineraries that freedom was doing. We love adventure but the southern routes from SJPR are to port intensive for our tastes.

I am kind of excited to see Adventure take over the 6nt/8nt itineraries that freedom was doing. We love adventure but the southern routes from SJPR are to port intensive for our tastes.

You wouldn't have enjoyed my cruise last summer then.  It was a 13 night cruise on the Serenade with only one sea day.  My wife loved it.  I would have preferred a couple of sea days.

With Caribbean, Alaska and Symphony behind us, what is everyone looking forward to now for a release?

I'm looking for something out of San Juan in January 2019 and was looking forward to trying Adventure as I haven't been on that class yet, but now I'll have to reconsider.

As many of you know, Royal Caribbean will begin releasing its 2018-2019 itineraries on the week of March 6: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/01/24/royal-caribbean-announces-2018-2019-deployment-opening-schedule-dates

Please use this thread to discuss changes you see of interest, as well as any particularly good deals.  Personally, I'm always interested in odd-ball sailings, like a weekend sailing on a ship that does not offer it usually.

The re-positioning cruise from cape Liberty to Galveston looks amazing!!!

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/14NightSouthernCaribbeanCruise-VI14R054?currencyCode=CAD&sCruiseType=CO&sailDate=10%2F23%2F2017

Just read here on the blog that the Freedom may be replacing the Adventure sailing from San Juan in 2019.  Is this confirmed or is this just a rumor at this point?

ý

I have read on another site that Freedom will do seasonal sailings from San Juan, but don't know when. Am hoping it's May 2018.

With Caribbean, Alaska and Symphony behind us, what is everyone looking forward to now for a release?

We're waiting to see whats going out of San Juan in May 2018 and see where Navigator and Adventure are headed in May. Hoping to get something booked when these become available.

South Pacific cruises out of Sydney.

I found the port schedule for Sydney harbour, looks like Voyager is sailing out for 11 nights on October 1, so I might book that one, pending pricing.

I'm waiting to see what will be sailing out of Tampa.

Due to work and other things called life, it seems as though Tyna and I will be subjecting ourselves to 5-nighters for the foreseeable future -- We're sort of looking forward to the new releases because, right now, if all things stayed equal, we'd probably be looking at Indy out of FLL or Brilliance out of Tampa..... with family in central FL, I must admit, Brilliance has me intrigued, plus, hopefully, they'll join us which means we fly to MCO and we have free transport to TPA.  We shall see.

Due to work and other things called life, it seems as though Tyna and I will be subjecting ourselves to 5-nighters for the foreseeable future -- We're sort of looking forward to the new releases because, right now, if all things stayed equal, we'd probably be looking at Indy out of FLL or Brilliance out of Tampa..... with family in central FL, I must admit, Brilliance has me intrigued, plus, hopefully, they'll join us which means we fly to MCO and we have free transport to TPA. We shall see.

I chose a Brilliance 5-nighter as our first cruise with a baby, 7 just seemed too long. We'll see what happens.

Some of my in-laws live in various cities in that area, so I'm hoping to con one of them into taking us to and from the port, and letting us park our car at their house 😉

I'm now waiting for the later Tampa sailings for maybe a Rhapsody week.

I just booked a TA on Serenade in August 2018.  They aren't even published on the website yet....but the agents have access to them....so if you're interested in summer cruises or (in my case) at TA on one of these ships, i recommend you call RCI directly.  Some of them are already available.  Mine is August 28, 2018 on Serenade, Copenhagen to Boston.

I just booked a TA on Serenade in August 2018. They aren't even published on the website yet....but the agents have access to them....so if you're interested in summer cruises or (in my case) at TA on one of these ships, i recommend you call RCI directly. Some of them are already available. Mine is August 28, 2018 on Serenade, Copenhagen to Boston.

Ok, we need to agree on different abbreviations for "travel agent" vs. "transatlantic". I was scratching my head for five minutes, trying to figure out why WAAAYTOOO had booked a travel agent, or if she meant she had her agent do the booking for her, or...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok, we need to agree on different abbreviations for "travel agent" vs. "transatlantic". I was scratching my head for five minutes, trying to figure out why WAAAYTOOO had booked a travel agent, or if she meant she had her agent do the booking for her, or...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fair point !

Something brand new spotted last night .....

While scanning the Grandeur itineraries for '18/'19 ---- They have a 7-nighter to Bermuda --- as near as I can tell, one sailing only, October 22, 2018.

Hmmm, very tempting.

I saw the same 7-night itinerary for Anthem out of Cape Liberty, also just one sailing (in November!! :o ) I guess they're trying out some new options?

Odd itinerary, too -- 1 sea day out from Cape Liberty, 3 nights in Bermuda, then two sea days to return. So the ship will just be making a lazy, meandering trip back to port, I guess.

The Northeast itineraries are out. And I'm booked on Anthem for Bermuda!!!  :D  :D  :D

October 13 to 18, 2018, Deck 9, room #9244 (hump balcony!)

So now I have two cruises to wait for. One in 367 days, and now this one in 563 days.

An-ti-ci-PA-tion! An-ti-ci-PAYYY-AAYYYY-TION!  ;) 

If they would've thrown that 7-nighter in September..... it'd be a no-brainer....

Update -- we caved in. After we saw the actual itinerary, we booked it. Plus, the added bonus of Halloween falling on the final sea day helped to sway our decision.

Here's the itinerary.

Oct. 25 - Leave Baltimore

Oct. 26 - Sea Day

Oct. 27 - Arrive in Bermuda at 4:00 pm

Oct. 28 - In Bermuda

Oct. 29 - Leave Bermuda at 5:00 pm

Oct. 30 - Sea Day

Oct. 31 - Halloween at Sea

Nov. 1 - Go Home