Official 2018-2019 deployment tracking thread

Matt

As many of you know, Royal Caribbean will begin releasing its 2018-2019 itineraries on the week of March 6: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/01/24/royal-caribbean-announces-2018-2019-deployment-opening-schedule-dates

Please use this thread to discuss changes you see of interest, as well as any particularly good deals.  Personally, I'm always interested in odd-ball sailings, like a weekend sailing on a ship that does not offer it usually.

Me and Jessica are curious to see it this sailing is repeated next year. They only do one a year apparently, may of even just been a one off.

Looks really interesting though, since we live in Halifax we could just get off in our port to save on a return flight, making it a 14 day sailing.

Don't think we can do it though, it's a long sailing and have other hopefull plans for the fall. But I coined a new phrase, 'book first, think later'.

Prices are in Canadian and should be better next week, if they repeat the sailing that is.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/15NightCopenhagenToBostonCruise-SR15T079?currencyCode=CAD&sCruiseType=CO&sDateMin=2017-08-01&sDateMax=2017-08-31&crownAndAnchorSociety_memberId=364904184&loyaltyTier=P&sailDate=08%2F26%2F2017

post-2434-0-94897100-1488753343_thumb.png

Jerel,

We did this cruise in 2015, and it was amazing. You have to go to Iceland at least once in your life. We really enjoyed Oslo, Halifax, and the Faroes as well.

I love the Radiance class ships too.

I definitely would recommend booking it now, and figuring everything out later!

We did something similar without the trans Atlantic part, and the itinerary was awesome. I absolutely loved Norway and Iceland. Why would someone would want to go to Halifax, though? ;)

FYI, the Halifax comment is a joke, so don't assume I was being literal. I've been a couple of times by cruise ship and loved it each time. The lobster and the poutine were also quite good.

Yes, it's done once a year. We were on it this past August. Not to be missed. Avatar is from that trip.

They changed it a bit for this coming trip. We had16 days, 4 days in Iceland, 3 ports. Overnight in Reykjavik. This year they dropped one Iceland port and shortened the trip to 15 days.

My prediction:  The email I got yesterday said the new cabin recategorization will begin March 8th (Wednesday).  If you look at the current sale countdown on the RCCL website based on the hours left in the sale it will end at midnight tomorrow night (Tuesday night).  Just in time for March 8th, new sales and new itineraries.  Just me speculating but it seems to make sense.

Hmm... I'm attempting some deductive reasoning while looking at the RCL booking site...  There's a banner saying the current sale ends in 36:50 (currently at 9:10 Mountain/11:10 am Eastern) on March 6.  Assuming the sale will end before the new itineraries are announced does indeed seem to indicate that March 8 is a likely date.  Of course, it could be at or beyond that time....

I've emailed my TA to book my wife and me a cabin on an early September to mid-October 2018 5-night Bermuda cruise out of Cape Liberty as soon as she sees the itineraries. Hoping a good balcony will be within my budget (yes, I set one this time ;) ).

Guest toodle68

What does Phase 1 mean for the Caribbean posting this week?  Thanks!

Someone once said one was seasonal sailings and the other was year round schedules.

According to Tapatalk, Symphony of the Seas is selling right now, but you have to call the Crown and Anchor Society number, no other number works, they tell you Wednesday. Crown and Anchor is booking, about 20 people have booked the Transatlantic on December 10, 2018. Balconies are going for about $3200 for 2 people.

As I said this is according to postings on Tapatalk.

Guest toodle68

I see the cruises for SOS.. but the actual ship is not listed and pretty much nothing works past floor selector.  Amazes me a company the size of RC has such a poor website..

I did it again! I'm booked for the 21 April 2018 Symphony OTS Inaugural sailing according to sales. I didn't see the "pre-inaugural" sailings like Harmony had, guessing those will get posted as the ships nears completion, just  the same as Harmony. 

So excited! And it wasn't overly costly. 

Something I found interesting this time, they were willing to put all 5 of us in 1 balcony room this time as one of the 5 is a baby. Never before have they been willing to do so. We of course opted for 2 connecting balconies, space principle and all. Can't wait to count this one down. T-405 days!

We called last night as soon as the booking window opened. The moment we got in, it seems like they were having website issues as they asked us to call back 15-20 min. We did end up booking it, but we still haven't received a confirmation of our itinerary despite the fact that the deposit was already taken out of our bank accounts. 

We called last night as soon as the booking window opened. The moment we got in, it seems like they were having website issues as they asked us to call back 15-20 min. We did end up booking it, but we still haven't received a confirmation of our itinerary despite the fact that the deposit was already taken out of our bank accounts. 

Ditto -  The deposit was pulled 10 seconds after I told the last digit because I got a notification from my bank.  Still haven't received a confirmation nor has it shown up in my upcoming cruises.

Update, 12 hours later I did get a survey about the customer service I received via the telephone.  :-)

Update 2:  I called RCL and went through the already have a reservation section.  The automated part let me request a travel confirmation.  and it delivered immediately.

That's worrisome. I hope they're not trying to track the bookings by hand or anything and overbooking the ship. Probably a good idea to call them daily until they send you an official confirmation and get the cruise reservation showing up when you log in to the site.

I booked a Symphony cruise by telephone earlier today.  When I go into My Cruises to try and bring that cruise into my future cruise lineup, Symphony isn't even an option when you choose which ship you are sailing on !!

I have the confirmation so I'm not worried about the booking.  I guess I will just have to wait until they add Symphony as an option in the drop-down menu.

I booked a Symphony cruise by telephone earlier today.  When I go into My Cruises to try and bring that cruise into my future cruise lineup, Symphony isn't even an option when you choose which ship you are sailing on !!

I have the confirmation so I'm not worried about the booking.  I guess I will just have to wait until they add Symphony as an option in the drop-down menu.

Same here. I just want to see it listed in My Cruises because it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  Obviously not much to do with the reservation 600+ days away  :lol:

So Symphony is up on the website but it is real buggy and freezes a lot. Just wanted to get an idea what the dates and pricing for each date was going to be. Was able to do that before site got buggy. 
I know I can call but will be speaking with TA hopefully tomorrow. Will be using TA for first time. 

the website but it is real buggy and freezes a lot

Yeah, the website is really bad. I can get as far as looking at actual cabins and then it freezes completely. Even the back arrow doesn't work. Once it feeezes nothing to do but start over. Very annoying.

Many cruises are filling up (thanksgiving for instance) so if you have something in mind I recommend you call rather than waiting for the website to unglitch.