Just off Adventure and it was too short. ☹️

Just off Adventure OTS this morning and 4 days is just too short, I'm not home use the word useless because a cruise is never useless. It's almost not worth it. Halifax is absolutely amazing though, amazing city. 

Adventure is beautiful for it's age but she is showing her age. Just a lot of wear and tear. Food was great from free to pay specialty. Chops delicious, and Giovanni amazing!

Our room, spacious ocean view balcony, but really spacious I would say is misleading. It's just a regular old cabin in my eyes. Our room though was not cleaned real good that's for sure. There was a rolled up pair of those foot pads woman sometimes wear on their feet right by the toilet on the bathroom on day one and were still there when we left this morning. Kinda was a test to see if they were gonna be removed, picked up but they never were. Finger prints all over the mirror day one, and still there this morning. We are not complainers, and we didn't. Just saying what our experience was. 

Oasis in 15 days so this should be an interesting difference. 

My opinion, you really should have talked with the cabin attendant about your issues. 

On a previous cruise they forgot to empty the mini fridge of some food items the previous occupants left behind.  I left a note for our cabin attendant to remove them and he made it point to return to our room while we were there and apologized over and over.  I was worried he was going to jump overboard 🙂   Anyway, if your attendant is serious about their job, your cabin would have super clean from then on.  If not, you had an issue that would need to be addressed at guest services.  Being a picky complainer is one thing, expecting someone to do their basic job should be expected.

Yeah we are not big complainers, we had a great but short cruise. Just a bit unhappy with our room cleanliness. The cabin attendant was super nice though which is why I would never formally complain. I mean I don't want to get anyone in trouble. 

On a great note the food was excellent. MDR food is really underrated, excellent every night. Windjammer we only had breakfast twice but really, really good. Serves its purpose and I think quite tasty. 

I should mention the crew from top to bottom were extremely friendly, happy, pleasant and eager to help. Really great crew. 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yeah we are not big complainers, we had a great but short cruise. Just a bit unhappy with our room cleanliness. The cabin attendant was super nice though which is why I would never formally complain. I mean I don't want to get anyone in trouble. 

On a great note the food was excellent. MDR food is really underrated, excellent every night. Windjammer we only had breakfast twice but really, really good. Serves its purpose and I think quite tasty. 

I should mention the crew from top to bottom were extremely friendly, happy, pleasant and eager to help. Really great crew. 

I'm not a big complainer either, but I definitely would have said something to the steward directly.  He can't improve if he doesn't know he did something wrong.

I do agree that 4 days is way too short!

Tell us more RCLlfqn1912 -  Any good shows ?  any good drinks?  What did you enjoy at chops, the MDR and Giovanni’s?  

55 minutes ago, Seannie said:

Tell us more RCLlfqn1912 -  Any good shows ?  any good drinks?  What did you enjoy at chops, the MDR and Giovanni’s?  

Chops I had Salmon and it was fantastic, we did this for lunch on day one to avoid the crowds in the windjammer. Giovanni's I had the Prawns my god amazing. Everything at both of these restaurants was fantastic, wife was very happy as well. 

Speaking of lunch and avoiding the crazy crowds in the Windjammer, we are on Oasis in 2 weeks but Chops for lunch is already sold out. What more quiet, less crazy or rushed place is there to eat for lunch on Oasis embarkation day? Any advice because I'm just not a fan of the Windjammer on embarkation day, thanks. 

While we were on the Oasis last November for a short 4-night cruise, I made a point of going to the Park Cafe for an embarkation lunch. From what I recall, they had the famous Kummelwick (roast beef) sandwich, a salad bar, maybe soup, and some desserts. Oh, and bags of chips if you asked for them, lol. It is located on deck 8 (Central Park) which was convenient for us - our cabin was on the same deck. Central Park seemed to be quieter in general than other decks, and definitely less hectic than the Windjammer. 

Chops I had Salmon and it was fantastic, we did this for lunch on day one to avoid the crowds in the windjammer. Giovanni's I had the Prawns my god amazing. Everything at both of these restaurants was fantastic, wife was very happy as well. 

Speaking of lunch and avoiding the crazy crowds in the Windjammer, we are on Oasis in 2 weeks but Chops for lunch is already sold out. What more quiet, less crazy or rushed place is there to eat for lunch on Oasis embarkation day? Any advice because I'm just not a fan of the Windjammer on embarkation day, thanks. 

The Solarium Bistro.  Delicious food and quiet (well at least it was in November when I was on it).

9 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Kids allowed in there? Are we gonna get the death stares? I like the idea and suggestion, thanks. 

Hmmmm I’m not sure.  I think I remember seeing a few sitting at the outside tables (where we ate) but not 100% sure.  Maybe someone else will be able to chime in and have the answer.

On 7/30/2022 at 6:05 PM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

What more quiet, less crazy or rushed place is there to eat for lunch on Oasis embarkation day?  

We ate at Playmakers for our embarkation day lunch on Oasis and were the only ones in the entire venue! It does cost a little but you were willing to do so for Chops.

On 7/30/2022 at 8:06 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

I always do Johnny Rockets on the Oasis on embarkation day. As long as the weather is nice, there are plenty of seats available outside. My second go-to is Playmakers. Finally, if all else fails, I’ll just grab a couple of slices at Sorrentos to hold me over. Don’t let the line discourage you…it moves quick.

On 7/30/2022 at 2:48 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

she is showing her age

Care to elaborate? We're going to Adventure next month and I'm curious what made you feel that way. We were on Mariner in the spring and, despite its similar age, it didn't feel dated or dirty at all other than the room amenities. Common areas, bars, restaurants, etc., all looks sparkling and clean.

5 hours ago, jeffmw said:

Care to elaborate? We're going to Adventure next month and I'm curious what made you feel that way. We were on Mariner in the spring and, despite its similar age, it didn't feel dated or dirty at all other than the room amenities. Common areas, bars, restaurants, etc., all looks sparkling and clean.

Just a good amount of wear and tear but this is mostly in the cabin. Scuff marks in a lot of places. Balcony had a good amount of rust too. She is a beautiful ship though, very large ship. We love this class of ship as we had our honeymoon on Explorer. 

Funny this topic about Adventure was brought up.  On recent sailing on Symphony we were docked side by side with the AoS and besides the obvious size difference we noted that the Adventure was starting to look a little tired on the outside.  I had to look back at my photos but the last time I was on the AoS was 2007 so it sure has seen a lot since then.

20220427_141235.jpg