xSAILEDx Quantum Alaska sept 5th 2022

We are booked on the Seattle to Seattle Glacier cruise but am very concerned that our original itinerary will not be resumed after the engine trouble rescheduling.

like a lot of people, we saved up for over a year for this trip but without seeing the Dawes Glacier we don't think it warrants the trip.

We paid for our flights through 'Air to sea' and are wondering if we cancel the whole trip if we will get our air travel refunded?

i guess my question for the masses is, has anyone tried to cancel a sept cruise on quantum to Alaska?

• 2 weeks later...

I think you should stick to your plans. You can see and even walk on the Mendenhall glacier in Juneau and get your complete fill of glaciers. Having to reschedule everything and waiting for refunds is such a pain and a heartbreak in having your plans delayed that I would keep your plans as is. 

We are on the sailing leaving August 22nd.  Although I am disappointed there will be no glacier viewing, I knew from the beginning it was a possibility that we might not see the glacier due to fog, weather.  I agree with the previous post, stick to your plans and have a great time.  I have day planned at Mendenhall while in Juneau.  

On 8/8/2022 at 11:21 AM, Ryan79 said:

I think you should stick to your plans. You can see and even walk on the Mendenhall glacier in Juneau and get your complete fill of glaciers. Having to reschedule everything and waiting for refunds is such a pain and a heartbreak in having your plans delayed that I would keep your plans as is. 

I second this. I'm on the same ship Sept 12th sailing, they completely changed 2 days of the itinerary. We will not be seeing the Dawes Glacier. We however booked a combo excursion to see the glacier up close whilst hiking, as well as from a boat. Maybe that can be something you can look into? If Royal has excursions sold out there are still third party tours you can google. If you cancel you would have to wait until next May to have your vacation, with no guarantees that you will see the glacier again.  Hope this helps. 😁 

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to xSAILEDx Quantum Alaska sept 5th 2022