Adventure of the Seas will take Voyager’s place in Florida starting July 28th, 2022

Here is a copy of what we received.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2016/Executive_Requests/16052976_Cruise_Advisory_Email/images/logo_hero.png

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

The International Maritime Organization recently shared new speed regulations we must adhere to and as a result, we’ve repositioned some of our ships for our upcoming 2023/2024 season. Our original plan for Voyager of the Seas was to offer sailings departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida through November 4th, 2023, and Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida beginning November 10th, 2023. Instead, Voyager will now sail from Galveston, Texas beginning May 9th, 2023.

Adventure of the Seas will now take Voyager’s place in Florida and will offer similar itineraries! Starting July 28th, 2022, we’ll automatically move you to the new Adventure of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original Voyager of the Seas cruise. You’ll receive like-for-like accommodations onboard Adventure of the Seas, and your amenities will remain the same.

Your vacation is important to us. While we’re confident you’ll have an amazing time onboard Adventure and enjoy many of the same features as Voyager, we still want you to have the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we’ve outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the new Adventure of the Seascruise.

• We’ll automatically move you to the Adventure of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original cruise. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
  • Your new sailing will still offer the same beautiful ports of call as your original cruise, and it’ll depart from the same destination.
  • We’ll move you to a like-for-like stateroom and your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment within 14 business days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing.

• If you prefer to re-book another sailing, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
  • Please know, you’ll be responsible for any difference in pricing for your cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment within 14 business days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

Option 3: If you can’t find a new itinerary that works for you and choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go. You’ll receive:

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare (including non-refundable deposits) and any pre-paid amenities to the original form of payment within 14 business days – some international banking and financial institutions may have a processing time of approximately 30 business days.
  • If you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.  
    • If you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.
  • Please know, if you choose this option, we will not provide additional compensation.

Please note, any Cruise Planner purchases for your originalVoyager of the Seas sailing will automatically be cancelled and refunded to your original form of payment. Feel free to re-book these items on your new ship and sail date.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting an entire season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so we ask for your patience as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you. All moves will be completed by August 18th, 2022, and we’ll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted. If you decide to go with Option 2 or 3, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by August 18th, 2022. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven’t heard from you by August 18th, 2022, you’ll remain booked on the alternate Adventure of the Seas sailing.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at: 

• 1 888 281 9344 in the U.S.
  • 1800 754 500 in Australia / 0800 102 123 in New Zealand
  • In the UK only, by using our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding, and we hope you find another cruise with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge, we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2016/Executive_Requests/16052976_Cruise_Advisory_Email/images/frame.png

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2016/Executive_Requests/16052976_Cruise_Advisory_Email/images/logo_footer.png

©2022 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean International
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 USA

40 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

One of my B2B is and one is still missing.  The 12-22-23 VY→AD is still not there but the 12-30-23 one is. 🤔

Good morning cruise neighbor 😂 Are you showing the replacement cruise on the 12/30/23 one or is one not there at all? We showed “cancelled” for both legs still.

@smokeybandit did you cruise disappear entirely?

11 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Good morning cruise neighbor 😂 Are you showing the replacement cruise on the 12/30/23 one or is one not there at all? We showed “cancelled” for both legs still.

@smokeybandit did you cruise disappear entirely?

My cruise list shows them both “Cancelled” but when you search for new cruises only the AD 12-30-23 one shows up.  There is still nothing showing for a AD 12-22-23 sailing.  So it seems as if they are accepting new bookings for our NY cruise which has me concerned. Since both VP suites are showing as “booked” (CruisingPower shows them as Waitlisted (WTL)), I can only hope that means they have them blocked out for us.  Either that or someone else has already snagged them.  I guess we’ll find out some time after 8-18.

Royal has a terrible history of promising “like-for-like” transfers.  That works our fairly well for people who are booked in balconies or insides b/c there are plenty of those but when it comes to some of the suite categories where there are only 1 or 2 suites in that category, things don’t usually go so well - especially when they allow open booking before they switch everyone over.

Guess I need some patience.  I’ve had plenty of practice at that…I should be pretty good at it by now.

34 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

My cruise list shows them both “Cancelled” but when you search for new cruises only the AD 12-30-23 one shows up.  There is still nothing showing for a AD 12-22-23 sailing.  So it seems as if they are accepting new bookings for our NY cruise which has me concerned. Since both VP suites are showing as “booked” (CruisingPower shows them as Waitlisted (WTL)), I can only hope that means they have them blocked out for us.  Either that or someone else has already snagged them.  I guess we’ll find out some time after 8-18.

Royal has a terrible history of promising “like-for-like” transfers.  That works our fairly well for people who are booked in balconies or insides b/c there are plenty of those but when it comes to some of the suite categories where there are only 1 or 2 suites in that category, things don’t usually go so well - especially when they allow open booking before they switch everyone over.

Guess I need some patience.  I’ve had plenty of practice at that…I should be pretty good at it by now.

If someone else snagged them I know at least 2 women who will be at their door screaming obscenities 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

One of my B2B is and one is still missing.  The 12-22-23 VY→AD is still not there but the 12-30-23 one is. 🤔

Our first B2B is still showing but our second one is showing canceled.  Turned it over to our TA…Last I heard from him was they will be assigning room soon and he’s on it.   Guess we’ll have to wait to see.

1 hour ago, BigMac3001 said:

I'm booked on Voyager June 3, 2023. It's still showing up as so on my reservation. I wonder when they will roll us over to Adventure. 

August 18th Is the deadline for those on our sailing (and others?) to let  royal know if they want to cancel the cruise, so I am assuming it will occur around that date. Hopefully very soon after.

43 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

@WAAAYTOOO this morning there’s a change, the Voyager 12/30 has been changed to adventure and the suite is correct. No change yet for 12/22.  My first clue was that there was an email this morning indicating all the reservations for that sailing had been canceled. Do you show the same?

Both of my segments are showing the correct suite (1854) so it looks like they got them both moved over.  I still cannot access either of the Cruise Planners but at least they are both active reservations now on the correct ship with the correct suite.  I hadn’t bought anything via the cruise planner so there was nothing for them to cancel.  I am feeling a whole lot better about this move today.  At least it appears that they have kept [both of] us in our original suites which is awesome !

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Both of my segments are showing the correct suite (1854) so it looks like they got them both moved over.  I still cannot access either of the Cruise Planners but at least they are both active reservations now on the correct ship with the correct suite.  I hadn’t bought anything via the cruise planner so there was nothing for them to cancel.  I am feeling a whole lot better about this move today.  At least it appears that they have kept [both of] us in our original suites which is awesome !

Our 12/22 still shows voyager, But if yours is completed hopefully they’re working on it and our will show up soon! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Same for us - switched over, same cabin, nice to have it done (not that I didn’t have 100% faith in Royal’s IT department 😳 ; after all, the notice canceling my Wi-Fi package for the December 22 cruise this morning  showed that they had canceled my 5 night adventure of the seas cruise from Galveston for that date 😂)

All bookings have been transferred and the correct suite is booked for both legs.  YAY !  I am unable to even get the Cruise Planner link to work for the 12-22-23 leg; the link works for the 12-30-23 cruise but nothing is on the other end of the link....so the big stuff is done.  Still waiting for the CP stuff to populate.

28 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

All bookings have been transferred and the correct suite is booked for both legs.  YAY !  I am unable to even get the Cruise Planner link to work for the 12-22-23 leg; the link works for the 12-30-23 cruise but nothing is on the other end of the link....so the big stuff is done.  Still waiting for the CP stuff to populate.

People are reporting a huge increase in prices, even beyond where it had been a month back. Finding this was a coup, no doubt. Did you see the drink package is $101 pp per day!? Insane! Thank goodness we drink at a low level and have vouchers 😂

38 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

People are reporting a huge increase in prices, even beyond where it had been a month back. 

Currently, the pricing appears to be the same as it was before the switcho-changeo but the category for VP is WTL (sold out) so I'm only seeing the full retail, per person rate...but it's the same as it had been before they switched the ships.  Cannot verify for any category except for VP since that's the only one I ever checked with any regularity.  Anecdotally though, the price on the Christmas leg had already more than doubled over what we had paid while the NY leg has remained basically the same price (I think it went up by $500 PP which wasn't that much of an increase).

38 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Did you see the drink package is $101 pp per day!?

If you're seeing CP prices then you're doing better than me.  My CP for the NY cruise still isn't populated and the one for the Christmas cruise doesn't link at all.  I have no doubt that you are right though !  I have been continually surprised that the prices on the holiday cruises for this year and next year had been the same prices of all the other cruises.  In my experience, the holiday cruise CP items (UDP and DBP+Voom since that's pretty much all I ever buy) are always higher....but they hadn't been....until now, apparently !  

My Christmas 2022 cruise (Oasis) are still the same prices as all of my other cruises so no outrageous price increase for that one yet.  Of course, the prices are still waaaytooo high so I'm not buying anyway...just an observation.  I take it back.  I purchased the UDP for my Oasis 2022 Christmas cruise months ago at $196 (which is still too high !!) so I will keep that but the DBP is too much so I will just use my vouchers and be happy about it.