Royal Up Strangeness

We are booked on Adventure at the end of this month and judging by mock bookings, it's pretty full.  I received the invite for Royal Up a while ago and put in two very low bids for suites.  When I go to my Royal Up bids, I can see the two bids that I put in, but can't modify them.  One just says "submitted" with no other options, and the other one goes to tell me "no eligible cruise found" when I click on "modify".  If I click on the "click here to see other upgrade options", it takes me to three other options that I haven't bid on. 

This is very different than my Royal Up experience for Oasis back in May.  I was able to change, cancel, or modify any of the bids that I had made.

Has anyone had a similar experience, and if so, what was the outcome? 

12 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

We are booked on Adventure at the end of this month and judging by mock bookings, it's pretty full.  I received the invite for Royal Up a while ago and put in two very low bids for suites.  When I go to my Royal Up bids, I can see the two bids that I put in, but can't modify them.  One just says "submitted" with no other options, and the other one goes to tell me "no eligible cruise found" when I click on "modify".  If I click on the "click here to see other upgrade options", it takes me to three other options that I haven't bid on. 

This is very different than my Royal Up experience for Oasis back in May.  I was able to change, cancel, or modify any of the bids that I had made.

Has anyone had a similar experience, and if so, what was the outcome? 

The new system seems to say submitted instead of pending. Not being able to modify a bid use to mean you had a very high chance of winning.

They will offer RUs even if ship is full because there may be cancellations. I just received RUs for my B2B. I got if for both reservations but since RU is ran by a third party, they won't see that I am B2B in the same cabin, so no need for me to try to upgrade. 

Last week was the first time out of @8 (in the last year) that I did not get an upgrade. The Indy was pretty full which was good. OV was ok and was in a balcony for the second part of the B2B. I saw the submitted vs. pending thingy. I could cancel my previous bids and resubmit with a different amount if desired.

20 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

The new system seems to say submitted instead of pending. Not being able to modify a bid use to mean you had a very high chance of winning.

They will offer RUs even if ship is full because there may be cancellations. I just received RUs for my B2B. I got if for both reservations but since RU is ran by a third party, they won't see that I am B2B in the same cabin, so no need for me to try to upgrade. 

Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or if it meant that I might get it.  Here's hoping I do win.

19 hours ago, Swar said:

Last week was the first time out of @8 (in the last year) that I did not get an upgrade. The Indy was pretty full which was good. OV was ok and was in a balcony for the second part of the B2B. I saw the submitted vs. pending thingy. I could cancel my previous bids and resubmit with a different amount if desired.

I can't cancel or modify either of my bids even if I wanted to.  

I just checked mine this morning, I am sailing this afternoon. I can still modify my bid also. It says I can modify until 2 hours before we sail. It says if I hear/see no notification by then my bid has been unsuccessful. I think they are holding it in case a passenger/family can't make the sailing last minute which I truly don't wish on anyone. 

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

I just checked mine this morning, I am sailing this afternoon. I can still modify my bid also. It says I can modify until 2 hours before we sail. It says if I hear/see no notification by then my bid has been unsuccessful. I think they are holding it in case a passenger/family can't make the sailing last minute which I truly don't wish on anyone. 

Enjoy your vacation!!!!