3 Night Dining Package - Explorer

Brenna

I am looking at booking a 3 Night package on our 8 night cruise on explorer. It looks like explorer only has 3 specialty dining: Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi 

We are not sushi eaters, and don't really care for asian food so don't want to try Izumi really.

With the 3 night package are we able to go to Chops twice? Or do they expect us to do each restaurant 1 night? 

Thanks! We are torn between booking the 3 night and Chops+1 but if we had to book Izumi it wouldn't be worth it for us to do all 3 

We just started our Specialty Dining exploration on our last cruise and 8 nights feels like a LOT of MDR time 😂 feels good to be a newbie on something for a change! 

36 minutes ago, Brenna said:

Thanks! We are torn between booking the 3 night and Chops+1 but if we had to book Izumi it wouldn't be worth it for us to do all 3 

We just started our Specialty Dining exploration on our last cruise and 8 nights feels like a LOT of MDR time 😂 feels good to be a newbie on something for a change! 

Honestly, if we were to do another 7 plus night cruise, we would have to seriously think about unlimited dining.  We simply did not have enough time to give the MDR and Windjammer enough visits.  In fact, our last cruise, we only went to Windjammer for breakfast and one lunch.  I think that 3 night packages may be the way to go.

Now...the question is, how do you allocate the 3 dining experiences?  I say Chops 2 times.  Once for lunch and once for dinner.  Then Giovanni's once.  Johnny Rockets is cheap enough to pay ala carte and not feel ripped off.  If Izumi is NOT your thing, that is cool.  We like it.  We also didn't think it was worth more than 2 visits though.

Awesome thank you! I went ahead and booked the 3 night! Excited to get onboard. 

I'm thinking we will either do Chops 2x Giovanni 1x or we will give Izumi a try for their teriyaki & ramen bowls. 

I never thought we'd be specialty dining people but here we are, of course the package was paid for with OBC so we'll see ha 

3 hours ago, CruisingNewb said:

Honestly, if we were to do another 7 plus night cruise, we would have to seriously think about unlimited dining.  We simply did not have enough time to give the MDR and Windjammer enough visits.  In fact, our last cruise, we only went to Windjammer for breakfast and one lunch.  I think that 3 night packages may be the way to go.

Now...the question is, how do you allocate the 3 dining experiences?  I say Chops 2 times.  Once for lunch and once for dinner.  Then Giovanni's once.  Johnny Rockets is cheap enough to pay ala carte and not feel ripped off.  If Izumi is NOT your thing, that is cool.  We like it.  We also didn't think it was worth more than 2 visits though.

I believe that the 3n package can only be used for dinners. That's what make the UDP so great is that it can be used for lunches. Lunch would be an extra cost with anything but the UDP.

If you sail enough the MDR is not worth the visits. 😝