Gratuities finally increasing?

Just checked my docs:

"Gratuities
A $14.50 per guest, per day gratuity will be automatically added to each guest’s SeaPass® account on a daily basis to be shared among dining, bar & culinary services staff, stateroom attendants and other hotel services teams who work behind the scenes to enhance the cruise experience.

Suite guests will see a $17.50 daily gratuity. Guests who prepaid gratuities prior to boarding their cruise will not see a daily charge onboard. An 18% gratuity is also automatically added to beverages and the mini bar. Beverage gratuities are pooled and shared by various dining and beverage service staff. An 18% gratuity is added to spa and salon purchases. Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. *Guests who booked prior to January 2, 2018 can pre-pay gratuities before their sailing at the previous rates, which are $13.50 for standard staterooms and $16.50 for suites."

and our cruise is in 3 weeks.

Given gratuities make up a good proportion of some of the crews wages and know how cost of living has increased I'm not too upset to see gratuities rise and thus see their wages rise accordingly.

Prepaying gratuities is kinda strange in some ways. It's like going to a restaurant and paying for the meal at the cost it was when you made the reservation 12 months ago and the chef and everyone being happy with the wages from 12 months ago. Of course the benefit is people actually pay them if they are paid before hand. (Coming form a country that doesn't do tipping I find the whole idea strange. My experience of service in countries where it does happen (incl US) is it certainly doesn't improve the service compared to those that don't).

On 8/5/2022 at 1:30 PM, Pooch said:

We prepaid gratuities on our Oct 2018 cruise and avoided the increase Matt referenced.  Booked Harmony for May, 2023 last weekend and was again able to be grandfathered by prepaying.

definitely wish we could do this for the cruise we want to take in 2024 but alas August isn't open yet