Crown and Anchor points

When we booked our cruise and downloaded the app I had 15 crown and anchor points. My wife downloaded the app and doesn’t have any. We cruised a few times early in our marriage with the first time our honeymoon in 1992. Could the reason she has no points be because our first cruise was booked under her maiden name? Is there a way to check on it? If so can I check on it for her since she works and I’m retired?

Sure...call the Crown & Anchor desk at Royal Caribbean (Of course, the way things are lately, you may have to wait on hold for awhile...).  Be prepared with as much information as you can get.  I know of cases where they've asked people to prove claim by offering proof of having been on a cruise--old documents, cruise cards, whatever.  If it's just a maiden name issue, it may be easy...They may have records of her sailing under her maiden name nd may not require a lot of proof--perhaps you can email a scan of your marriage license.

But, beware...Some of their older records are not great.  For example, they are missing some of our early cruises on the old Viking Serenade...though they also show a couple of sailings from 1970 that I'm pretty sure we weren't on (I didn't even meet my wife until 1978!  

A few years back, we took our then 20-something year old daughters on a cruise on Mariner (We had taken them several times as kids).  My wife and I showed up correctly as Diamond...so did our older daughter.  Our younger daughter showed up as Platinum.  I called and sasked "So, when we go for pre-dinner drinks should we just leave our younger daughter out in the hall?".  They quickly upgraded her to Diamond as well.  Sometimes they make mistakes.  They can and will quickly correct them.

May be worth making the call when you are together due to data protection and all that stuff.

Even if you are married they may not be able/willing to talk to you about your wife's personal details unless she is there to either do it in person or verify and authorise you to act on her behalf....just so you don't risk waiting hours on a call to get nowhere!

Good luck....

10 hours ago, TheRick said:

When we booked our cruise and downloaded the app I had 15 crown and anchor points. My wife downloaded the app and doesn’t have any. We cruised a few times early in our marriage with the first time our honeymoon in 1992. Could the reason she has no points be because our first cruise was booked under her maiden name? Is there a way to check on it? If so can I check on it for her since she works and I’m retired?

We created an online account for my wife and she has her own Crown and Anchor number but it shows the same number of points that I have.  You might want to check if she has her own C&A number too.  You should be able to do that via an automated process using the C&A support line (1-800-526-9723).

10 hours ago, TheRick said:

If so can I check on it for her since she works and I’m retired?

I "enjoyed" the same situation, retired with my wife still working.  I liked being a "kept" man  😀  She has since retired and I'm still doing all the laundry and cooking!

Update: I reached out to Royal Caribbean customer service via Twitter (I hate talking on the phone). They took care of it so fast (in about a half an hour of back and forth) and now my wife has her points as a gold member. I know it’s not much now, but it’s 15 points closer to diamond status. Excellent customer service.

13 hours ago, midnite9150 said:

I am showing a 2009 cruise on Mariner as only 1 point when it was a 7 night cruise, I know they have changed C+A points since 2009 but I should be able to get this updated to 7 points right? I sent them an email a couple days ago but may have to call or perhaps go the twitter route.

If you add up all your points, what do you end up with?

there was a conversion table used back when the points changed from per cruise to per day, that should have effected your point total. 

1 => 8 => GOLD
2 => 15 => GOLD
3 => 22 => GOLD
4 => 29 => GOLD
5 => 38 => PLATINUM
6 => 45 => PLATINUM
7 => 52 => PLATINUM
8 => 69 => EMERALD
9 => 76 => EMERALD
10 => 83 => DIAMOND
11 => 90 => DIAMOND
12 => 97 => DIAMOND
13 => 104 => DIAMOND
14 => 111 => DIAMOND
15 => 118 => DIAMOND

so that one cruise should count as 8 points if you add up all your points. 

21 hours ago, karl_nj said:

there was a conversion table used back when the points changed from per cruise to per day, that should have effected your point total. 

1 => 8 => GOLD
2 => 15 => GOLD
3 => 22 => GOLD
4 => 29 => GOLD
5 => 38 => PLATINUM
6 => 45 => PLATINUM
7 => 52 => PLATINUM
8 => 69 => EMERALD
9 => 76 => EMERALD
10 => 83 => DIAMOND
11 => 90 => DIAMOND
12 => 97 => DIAMOND
13 => 104 => DIAMOND
14 => 111 => DIAMOND
15 => 118 => DIAMOND

I had no idea about this conversion.  This is super helpful.  I am missing a cruise back from 1995 in my point total, but my other points don't add up right ,either.  This finally explains everything to me.

On 7/30/2022 at 5:11 AM, karl_nj said:

1 => 8 => GOLD
2 => 15 => GOLD
3 => 22 => GOLD
4 => 29 => GOLD
5 => 38 => PLATINUM
6 => 45 => PLATINUM
7 => 52 => PLATINUM
8 => 69 => EMERALD
9 => 76 => EMERALD
10 => 83 => DIAMOND
11 => 90 => DIAMOND
12 => 97 => DIAMOND
13 => 104 => DIAMOND
14 => 111 => DIAMOND
15 => 118 => DIAMOND

You are right! My total points are 37, which when added up using my Mariner cruise as 8 points instead of one adds up perfectly. Now it makes sense, thank you!

I am now officially platinum!