1st time, how does Jamie’s work for lunch?

Sackboy

It is pretty simple - Order food, eat food 😂 

YMMV but the staff at the Jamie’s (we have been at three different ones) usually allow a little variety with desserts and apps but typically will keep you to one entree.  We did get offered a chance to taste another that we were interested in, but that was while sailing star class so may not have been the norm.  Likely you will find one app, one entrée and one dessert should fill you so to best experience multiple things either a group and sharing or more than one visit seems like the best strategy.

Enjoy!

The problem is that the food is very good.  Because of that problem, even if you order multiple appetizers and multiple pastas (which aren't huge portions), you will be pretty full.  My family of 4 ordered the meat plank (a must!), garlic bread, and the fried rice balls, ordered 4 pasta dishes, and 4 entrees, then finished with 4 desserts.  We barely managed to get through it all even with teenaged boys.  

Lunch menu has a couple of offerings that are specific to lunch only.  

It takes at least 2 visits to be able to try everything on the menu unless you are in a large party.

13 hours ago, Sackboy said:

Looking at booking Jamie’s on an upcoming 5 night Mariner of the Seas trip for lunch and I’m confused how it works. Can you get several appetizers, multiple pastas, multiple main courses, and desserts per person for the flat fee? I don’t want everything, but def seeing multiple things that look good 😊 

Yes, you can ask for smaller portions to try more apps, pastas, entrees and desserts. Chops is truly the only place that limits you to one entree. 

On the Mariner last month, we skipped the soup at lunch and asked for a smaller pasta dish so we'd have room for our lasagna entree and still have room for dessert.  We were stuffed.  We actually couldn't eat all of our dinner at the MDR that night, and that wasn't until 8PM.  I don't think you will go hungry, as pointed out by CruisingNewb.

3 hours ago, Sackboy said:

I just realized that many, if not all, the extra food and bar venues say closed on day 5 of the 5 night cruise. Is that normal? I understand day 6 since that’s disembarkation day but is that a glitch?

It might be a glitch that recognizes day 5 as day 6. Hopefully the app/cruise planner updates and it comes up correctly.

I have a three-night sailing coming up on Nav and it will only let me reserve a dining reservation for night 4........there is no night 4. I am not too worried, more so worried that nothing shows in the cruise planner for the 3night sailing and we are about a month away. 

On 7/29/2022 at 2:26 PM, Sackboy said:

I just realized that many, if not all, the extra food and bar venues say closed on day 5 of the 5 night cruise. Is that normal? I understand day 6 since that’s disembarkation day but is that a glitch?

Glitch.  Also, is day 5 a port day for you?  Are you looking at the lunch tab or the dinner tab?  Specialty dining usually closed for lunch on port days.