Cabins directly across from elevators

Hi,

We have always stayed in balcony rooms towards the aft of oasis class ships.  We're sailing on Explorer OTS later this year and have the opportunity to save almost $150 by switching from a standard ocean view balcony to a Spacious Ocean View Balcony, the caveat is that it is directly across from the elevator. For anyone that has stayed in a cabin that is directly across from the elevator (in my case it will be the forward elevator on deck 8 of Explorer), how bad is the noise?

thanks.

I have stayed across from an elevator, not on Explorer, but the noise was minimal. Worst noise was around 12-1am when drunk people were trying to find their cabin. I usually sleep with a fan so I could just barely hear them. But this will be a personal preference thing as some noises can really bother one person but not bother another. 

Despite what the deck plans appear to show the elevator lobby is accessed through a doorway as opposed to the wide open space shown on deck plans.  The elevators themselves are around the corner so it's not bad at all.  

As @WAAAYTOOO suggests it a preferred location for me for the convenience.  

I was on Symphony two weeks ago with a room right by the elevator and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the noise level (or lack thereof). Could I occasionally hear people outside? Of course. But it was no worse than in any other room hearing people talking as they walk down the hallway. The elevator bank itself was far enough away and separated that I couldn't hear people actually waiting for the elevator--only those walking to/from. 

I agree with all the commenters. I always prefer the closest I can get to the elevators. When we sail Oasis class this usually means close to the elevators on 8 because we like being close to Central Park and on Voyager class we like to be on the first floor with balconies that is close to the promenade because we just like to be able to walk up and down to the promenade in the evenings. Essentially we will shoot for next to an elevator first and then a floor that is close to things we will use a lot so that we can skip the elevators if possible. While most of my family prefers being up high on the ships as someone that only utilizes the pool for short stints each day when I have had rooms like 12 and higher I feel like you ride elevators all week because you have to take them to get down to everything in the evening and afternoons!